X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to monitor my SMA SPS system

Its been a year since my rushed self managed Sunnyboy install and its working fairly well but now I'd like to look at tracking and monitoring my solar output and power usage. Probably send the data to pvoutput but all I really care it that I can get to it.
    Looking to not spend too much time or money. I know sma has an output module for a few hundred. Sense has something that can monitor power co and solar and is supposed to fingerprint all your usage in the house so you can see what is using power when. So far reports are its not working as well as stated but it seem to help in tracking. There is TED and a few other devices. How complicated to do a raspberry Pi. I'm fairly technical but dont want to make another job out of this. Just looking for a way to do this that wont take a lot of time or money. Currently I have to check the daily solar at the end of the day by looking at the screen. Then the next day I can see the total power purchased from SDGE on their website. There I can see the if my system was smiling or had its teeth knocked out in 15 min increments. I have old PC equipment and cell phones as parts if that helps.
    What are my best options? How much and if I spend a bit more what extra features do I get?
    Thanks for helping me sort this out.
    Last edited by nomadh; 04-26-2017, 03:50 PM.

I don't know how to pin or save a post, so I am replying to see the answer also.
    EDIT: Subscribe button??? Ok. Never seen that before now. Figures.

Comment

Here is a list of devices that auto-upload to PVoutput:
      If you go with a different meter that does not have an upload routine, you can probably use a Raspberry Pi to communicate between it and PVOutput. I'd guess $250-$500, depending on how involved it gets. I went with EKM Meter because it offers revenue grade accuracy, but that may not be important to you.
      CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post
        Here is a list of devices that auto-upload to PVoutput:
        If you go with a different meter that does not have an upload routine, you can probably use a Raspberry Pi to communicate between it and PVOutput. I'd guess $250-$500, depending on how involved it gets. I went with EKM Meter because it offers revenue grade accuracy, but that may not be important to you.
        Thats a bigger list than I knew existed. Anyone have any comparative reviews of them or a pricing list?

Comment

Working...
        X