X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery n mppt

hey guys I just got me 4new 6v Trojan 225ah I been charging my battery for 3days without using them.. My ? Is why does my Morningstar Tristar shows me a yellow n red light which mean 0-35% soc but when I check my battery volt it shows me 12.34volt 83% have use so far ..why does it show me the lights when my battery's is in 83% charge ? Is they sum thing wrong with my mppt or battery ?

Are you getting that voltage reading while the charger is still on? How long after terminating charging did you take the reading?

Comment

Originally posted by AranM0n3y88 View Post
      Is they sum thing wrong with my mppt or battery ?
      Probably not. Voltage based gas gauging schemes are hideously inaccurate if done poorly.

Comment

You cannot use voltage to determine SOC. You have already been told that. You need a hydrometer.There is a reason they are called IDIOT LIGHTS.
        Last edited by Sunking; 04-25-2017, 04:26 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

I check it at 10p.m when they isn't no sun light

Comment

Originally posted by AranM0n3y88 View Post
            I check it at 10p.m when they isn't no sun light
            And also no loads at all for at least 4 hours?
            Even when in a stable rested state, the voltage is not as good an indicator of battery SOC as the temperature corrected hydrometer reading.
            The cost of a hydrometer (could be under $10US for some decent ones)------- is small compared to the value of saving the life of your battery bank. +
            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Thanks inetdog I will keep that in mind

Comment

Working...
              X