X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AranM0n3y88
    • Oct 2016

Trojan 6v 225 ah

Hey guys ..I got me 4 6v 225ah Battery (new) n I have been charging them for 2days without using them wat so every..with 500wats connected in series and I have Mppt 60a

2day at 6p.m. I use it for the 1st time n on the Mppt it show me that is full green light show on my Mppt. when I turn on my TV which is 1A n 50watts phones charge ect... in 5mins the green light turn in to orange light in 5mins again it turn into orange n red which me ..0% to 35%

G 80%-95% soc
    g+y 60% -80% soc
    y 35% -60% soc
    y+r 0%-35%soc
    R Battery is discharging

what is the reason n I haven't use them wat so every ?
    Last edited by AranM0n3y88; 04-22-2017, 12:11 PM.
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Well there is a procedure written by Trojan that explains how to "prepare" a new set of batteries through charging and discharging process.

But if they were really at 100% SOC then I think your problem is your TV may be consuming power a lot faster than what your battery system can provide .I am not sure why but that is my opinion.

Is your TV a DC voltage type or are you using an inverter to convert the battery voltage to AC power?

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Simple voltage does not indicate SOC.

UNABHDOM dude B4 U2 B8
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• inetdog
        Super Moderator
        • May 2012

If they were not equally charged to start off, charging them in series might not be sufficient unless you set the CC to equalization voltage.
        If one battery is at a low SOC, then the whole series stack will show apparent low capacity.

1. Measure the voltage of each battery.
        2. Get a temperature compensated hydrometer to measure Specific Gravity (SG), and read the stickies here to learn how to use it.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...