Solaredge Consumption Meter and PVOutput Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solaredge Consumption Meter and PVOutput Setup

We just installed a consumption meter (WNC-3Y-208-MB) in my SolarEdge 7600 inverter.
    It is now appearing in the SolarEdge monitoring portal as it should--solar generation, self-consumption, and consumption are all reporting correctly.

However, I cannot get the data (generation, consumption) to appear correctly in PVOutput.
    In the Automatic Uploads section with "SolarEdge" as the Primary Device, I've tried "Direction" in every setting (solar, consumption, net, both).

Can anyone help with the PVOutput settings?

Thanks.

I was able to figure out the PVOutput settings using a SolarEdge inverter with WattNode (WNC-3Y-208-MB) meter installed.

In Automatic Uploads:
    Primary Device: SolarEdge; Direction: Solar; Poll Interval: 15 minutes; Energy: Enabled
    Secondary Device: SolarEdge; Direction: Consumption; Energy: Enabled

--I read somewhere that consumption data is updated by SolarEdge only every 15 minutes, so you need to set Primary Device (Solar) Poll Interval to every 15 minutes so it matches up with consumption data.
    pvoutput1.jpg
    pvoutput2.jpg
    pvoutput3.jpg
    Last edited by lemonsocal; 04-13-2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

lemonsocal How does one enable the "Secondary Device" drop down, its grayed out for me...

Comment

Originally posted by JRqwertyui View Post
        lemonsocal How does one enable the "Secondary Device" drop down, its grayed out for me...
        That could be a bonus feature that will be enabled when you do a donation to support the site. I could be wrong - but I believe that is the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by lemonsocal View Post
          I was able to figure out the PVOutput settings using a SolarEdge inverter with WattNode (WNC-3Y-208-MB) meter installed.

In Automatic Uploads:
          Primary Device: SolarEdge; Direction: Solar; Poll Interval: 15 minutes; Energy: Enabled
          Secondary Device: SolarEdge; Direction: Consumption; Energy: Enabled

--I read somewhere that consumption data is updated by SolarEdge only every 15 minutes, so you need to set Primary Device (Solar) Poll Interval to every 15 minutes so it matches up with consumption data.
          pvoutput1.jpg
          pvoutput2.jpg
          pvoutput3.jpg
          That's an awful large consumption in the middle of the night!!!!
          https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=59404

Comment

Originally posted by macaddict View Post

That's an awful large consumption in the middle of the night!!!!
            Probably charging his EV.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Probably charging his EV.
              Might even be two EV's. Here is mine... midnight to 2 am is the Ioniq on the 240 V charger (7 kW), while 7 pm to 6:30 am is the Spark on a 120 V charger delivering 12 A (1.4 kW). The rest of my electricity consumption doesn't amount to much (~300-400 W).

~43 kWh consumed and ~39 kWh generated, but still banked $6.57 NEM credit with the peak / off-peak differential.

Consumption.JPG

Last edited by sensij; 09-22-2017, 06:43 PM.
              CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post

Might even be two EV's. Here is mine... midnight to 2 am is the Ioniq on the 240 V charger (7 kW), while 7 pm to 6:30 am is the Spark on a 120 V charger delivering 12 A (1.4 kW). The rest of my electricity consumption doesn't amount to much (~300-400 W).

~43 kWh consumed and ~39 kWh generated, but still banked $6.57 NEM credit with the peak / off-peak differential.

Wow. Good thing you aren't off grid charging those EV's.
                Last edited by SunEagle; 09-22-2017, 07:31 PM. Reason: discarded energy plot

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post

Consumption.JPG

Just wondering, how much does charging an EV add to your consumption? For example, on a normal day, with no AC, I use about 24kwh for a 24 hour period. If I were to get an EV, what should I expect by consumption to jump to?
                  https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=59404

Comment

Originally posted by macaddict View Post

Just wondering, how much does charging an EV add to your consumption? For example, on a normal day, with no AC, I use about 24kwh for a 24 hour period. If I were to get an EV, what should I expect by consumption to jump to?
                    It depends somewhat on the car, your driving habits, and the conditions, but something around 4 mi / kWh is decent. As of August, I had 31,682 mi on the Spark, with it reporting 147 mpge. Dividing by 33.7 gives 4.36 mi / kWh. That is 7283 kWh since the beginning of May 2015, 28 mo. About 260 kWh / mo to drive 1131 mi / mo. Actual wall plug consumption will be slightly higher, 10% according to some studies but it seems better than that when I've attempted to measure it myself.
                    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Working...
                    X