X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuma
    • Mar 2017

Power Lines, Telephone Lines and Panels

Considering installing a string solar system with 2 arrays, 16 panels total, near a telephone and power line supported by the same poles. The tele and pl service only the one home with 3 wires total and the poles will not not near the arrays. The tele line is mounted ~20 feet below the power lines and is about 30' away at ~45* angle/elevation. The 2 pl's are about 50' away at a ~60* angle/elevation. The lines run North to South, and are west of arrays. All shadows would appear everyday after solar noon. Any best guesses if this would impact the system? I read a couple posts regarding power lines shading. The other examples and tests I found were not fully applicable for this setup.

Due to cost and easier instillation for this design, a string system is preferred.
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

SWAG: Depending on line dia. there may well be some impact on array output, but, because (I'd guess) it'll be quite small, and for several other reasons difficult to measure, aside from a perhaps academic interest, I'd not worry about it too much. Besides, If the lines aren't going to be moved, and the array will go in with the lines where they are, shading impact is a moot point anyway.

Comment

Working...