X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on pricing - CA Bay Area

Hello folks, Need some advice wrt pricing on a 5.87 KWH system from sun power. We live on a downward slope with some shading, and a west facing roof for the panels.

I have been quoted $27,565 for 17 panels (X21-345w) before any incentives. I do get a rebate of 1000 which can be factored into before the fed credits. I do beleive having micro invertors are a good choice, but have seen prices way below what i am quoted (~$4.53/w). Any advice or recommendations on local Bay area installers is much appreciated!

Originally posted by charansr View Post
    prices way below what i am quoted (~$4.53/w). Any advice or recommendations on local Bay area installers is much appreciated!
    Suns Up Solar from santa cruz just finished a commercial install I'm dealing with. My only complaint has been that they've been a bit slow on getting things done - mostly due to rain.
    They were the installer/subcontractor for Sungevity.

I would definitely look for better than $4.53/W

Comment

See lots of prior posts Re, Sunpower. Good quality but way overpriced. You ought to be able to get equal reliability and equal annual output per installed Watt for about a buck /Watt less ( ~ $3.25 - $3.50/Watt). Don't fall for the SP hype. It's mostly B.S.

Comment

Originally posted by foo1bar View Post

Suns Up Solar from santa cruz just finished a commercial install I'm dealing with. My only complaint has been that they've been a bit slow on getting things done - mostly due to rain.
        They were the installer/subcontractor for Sungevity.

I would definitely look for better than $4.53/W
        FWIW, Sungevity went belly up via voluntary chap. 11on 03/13/2017.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
          FWIW, Sungevity went belly up via voluntary chap. 11on 03/13/2017.
          I know... And I definitely wouldn't recommend them right now because of that.
          But their subcontractor (the guys who actually did the install) is a separate company, so they aren't in the same boat.

Comment

Working...
          X