X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maximizese
    • Sep 2015

About to sign

I'm ready to sign with a reputable solar installer on both this site, Yelp!, and solarreviews.com. I'd appreciate any input before signing the contract.

Solar system size: 4.8kW
    16 - Q-Cells 300W Q.Plus panels
    16 - P300 Optimizers & SolarEdge monitoring
    1 - SolarEdge SE5000A-US inverter

No mention of their rack or mounting system, but they claim to flash, counter-flash, and offer a 25 year no-leak warranty. They will also run a new 50amp service line to the garage and install a NEMA 14-50r.

Total price is $15,500 or ~$3.23 including a new 50amp 240V line.

Our electricity demand:

I've been an energy miser ever since the San Onofre plant went offline. I replaced all 52 interior can lights with LED bulbs, installed a whole house fan, and seldom use the old central 5-ton AC. The house would get into the low 60s during the winter and up to the mid 80s during a summer heatwave; I'm planning to be more comfortable in the future using more electricity. 2 years ago, we averaged 9.6kWh/day in February compared to last month when we averaged 27.59kWh. We added an electric vehicle and switched to a TOU plan. Our bill is only $127 a month, but 80% of our energy use has been during super off-peak during the winter mostly to charge 12kWh into the EV and 8kWh used for a radiant heater.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by maximizese; 03-16-2017, 12:37 AM.
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Howdy, sounds like you have done your homework, its a reasonable price, and a good installer, no worries.

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

From this and your prior 2 posts you appear to have done well in preparation and energy conservation. Other potential solar users could do a lot worse than follow your example. I'd only suggest you continue diligence of the solar vendor through and until startup. I'd also get the racking and roof attachment details firmed up. Claiming ain't writing. Trust but verify all along the way. Your work is not yet done.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...