X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post

? Well, if it wasn't you, it was somebody else complaining that I sounded too much like an expert... and you're the only one I recall complaining about that.
    An expert in B.S. maybe.

Wasn't me. Might have been Russ.You've never written anything I've seen that would make me even remotely consider the possibility it came from someone with any technical expertize.

I will say, however, that I was surprised that someone would say something like "I'm no expert, but I like science", repeat it with every post right up front, and then perhaps have some expectation of being taken seriously. I appreciate self deprecation and it's uses, but to me, that falls over into the self flagellation category.

Comment

Darn, looks like I stepped into days of our lives here LOL

I'm now procuring the other Solar Panel. However I have thought long and hard about Sun Kings suggested setup and it seems that I would rather go with a 24V setup than a 48V for the Lights.

My only concern is the Voltage Rating on the Solar Panels is exceptionally high, And I do not know what Impact that might have on the Charge Controller and the Batteries that I want to procure.

Technical Specifications (Electrical Data | STC*)
      -Nominal Max. Power (Pmax) - 315 W.
      -Opt. Operating Voltage (Vmp) - 36.6 V.
      -Opt. Operating Current (Imp) - 8.61 A.
      -Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) - 45.1 V.
      -Short Circuit Current (Isc) - 9.18 A.
      -Module Efficiency - 16.42%.
      -Operating Temperature - -40

Comment

Funny, it took me a bit of backtracking to get back into the meat of this topic.

Anyway those are 72 cell (typical 24 volt nominal) panels. The voltage isn't exceptionally high. No problem running them through a 30 amp controller for a 24 volt system. If PWM controller parallel wire them, if MPPT series wire them. When you decide to go to 48 volt, be sure your controller will do 48 volt. You will need 3 series wired panels at least for MPPT. 2 series wired panels for PWM,
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by JohanNT View Post
          Darn, looks like I stepped into days of our lives here LOL.
          Direct your comments and gratitude to Dan K. If he'd knock off his self centered and usually useless and ignorant B.S., a lot of the rest of it would go away.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
            Direct your comments and gratitude to Dan K. If he'd knock off his self centered and usually useless and ignorant B.S., a lot of the rest of it would go away.
            Every time I ask J.P.M. what he's objecting to, he can't put his finger on it, or says something that makes no sense. He's simply decided that I need to be gotten rid of, and attacks me every chance he gets. The board would have a much lower noise level if he'd simply use the board's "ignore" feature on me.
            Alternately, we could open a thread in General for "J.P.M. vs. Dan" and have him reply in there instead of bothering normal threads.
            Last edited by DanKegel; 02-06-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post

Every time I ask J.P.M. what he's objecting to, he can't put his finger on it, or says something that makes no sense. He's simply decided that I need to be gotten rid of, and attacks me every chance he gets. The board would have a much lower noise level if he'd simply use the board's "ignore" feature on me.
              Alternately, we could open a thread in General for "J.P.M. vs. Dan" and have him reply in there instead of bothering normal threads.
              See my recent post Re: "argumentum ad hominem".

Comment

Working...
              X