X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome pricing

Here's a price list I just got from the vendor I bought my Phono Solar panels from (51ea) about a year ago. Similar panels are 20% less now than what i thought I got a killer deal on and inverters are 16% less than what I paid to another vendor back then. Prices continue to tumble, a very good thing.
    Attached Files

A solar vendor I trust, who doesn't spew overly (for being a salesman ) said the panel costs for him have gone down 15% in the late three months of this year.

Anyone else seeing that and is it just normal commodity supply and demand?

Comment

I think the strong dollar is partly the cause. Dollar buys 10% more yuan than it did a year ago.

Comment

It's also chinese domestic demand going down.
        See e.g. http://www.rechargenews.com/solar/11...aces-glut-bnef

Comment

I was just quoted 51cents/watt on my favorite 275W panels. I'm getting close to being able to offer $2/watt (installed) - meaning 5 year payback times. Yes, panels prices have definitely come down lately and SMA has made a significant drop on their Sunnyboy triple mppt inverters as well. (and you can get really great closeout pricing on the older dual input inverters which are perfectly fine for most applications)
          BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
            I was just quoted 51cents/watt on my favorite 275W panels. I'm getting close to being able to offer $2/watt (installed) - meaning 5 year payback times. Yes, panels prices have definitely come down lately and SMA has made a significant drop on their Sunnyboy triple mppt inverters as well. (and you can get really great closeout pricing on the older dual input inverters which are perfectly fine for most applications)
            OP, those are some amazing prices!

Solarix, I think I've asked before but remind me: You only work up north, right? No trips down to 'North' Scottsdale?! I seriously can't believe prices on solar have come down so far.

When you say you're close to $2/W installed, what's your current ballpark avg $/W for a recent routine install? I made the mistake of almost falling for Solar City again (they're just so easy...) and they're at $3.25/Watt.

Do you recommend anyone down in this neck of the woods that is reasonable? Or do you wanna come stay in my casita for a few days for free (beer too)?

Comment

Wow, approaching 2/watt, if it makes it here in CA, would more than makeup for the NEM 2.0 changes. But Solarix has been much lower than various CA local rmarket rates.

Comment

ACO solar seems to have the best prices on-line. Are they good to deal with? I'm planning to buy some stuff from them but couldn't find a lot of information (good or bad) about the company.

Comment

Sorry, a few weeks late on the response.
                  I was weary about ACO, did the same thing you did, looked them up on-line and not much info. It turns out they provided excellent service to me. I ordered 51 panels and they delivered. I get the feeling they are a state-side clearing house for Chinese solar products. Once you get through the Chinglesh these guys are aok. If you're worried about the transaction pay with a credit card and eat the 3% extra charge as insurance. That's what I did, still came out ahead.

Comment

Great. Thanks for the insight. I will probably go with them and use a credit card like you did.

Comment

Working...
                    X