X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeeZee
    • Nov 2016

How long should General installation warranty be?

Hi,
    I've been soliciting quotes from a number of solar panel installation companies for an on-grid solar panel system on my house roof. Of the three companies I've contacted so far, all have said that they warranty the general installation for 10 years.

Is this reasonable, or should I expect them to warranty the general installation for 20 years? What is a reasonable amount of time to get a warranty on the general installation?

Thank you in advance.

Lee
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Howdy LeeZee and welcome to Solar Panel Talk. I think 10 years is fine, remember the panels have a 25 year factory warranty, the thing is if there is something wrong with the install you will know about it long before 10 years, you will know the next time it rains. The most likely thing that can go wrong is a leak in the roof and you will know about that sooner rather than later.

We only have to do a 5 year install warranty here in Oz, and a good thing to if you ask me. We had a customer call who we installed about 5 years ago, said we put a hole in her roof...my first though was well its rained plenty of times since then. Sent the guys out and there was a brand new air conditioner right where the leak was occurring, the air con people just blamed it on us rather than sending anyone out to look. So from a installers prospective 10 year install warranty is plenty, cheers.

Comment

Working...