Looks like SolarEdge HDWave inverters will have secure power like feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Also the spec sheet for the P1 is defiantly out dated since the 10kWh model for backup power was discontinued or for that matter did not even go into production and the 7kWh was downsized to around 6.5 kWh.
    Funny how stuff just floats around in cyberspace, seemingly forever.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Based on those spec sheets, it does say the P2 is backup power capable although it does require multiple inverters based on the "AC coupled power" diagram on the second page. It is strange that the spec sheet shows the input voltage being between 350-550v DC but the battery voltage is rated at 50v DC. Not sure how you charge a battery at a high voltage yet can get a lower voltage out. They must be using a step down DC equipment to get the lower voltage. IMO that spec sheet is a little misleading or certainly confusing to me.
      The Powerwall 2 AC variant will have a bidirectional AC inverter built into the Powerwall. The Powerwall 2 DC variant will have a DC-DC converter. The DC-DC converter allows them to maintain DC side integration with SolarEdge, Fronius, etc at the higher DC string voltage levels. There is a separate spec sheet floating around for the AC variant - it shows an "Energy Gateway" device that "supports a wide range of usage scenarios".

Comment

So now they come out with it. I really liked solar edge but I really wanted standby power. In the end I bought the sunnyboy and its been good. But i do get a bit of shading and of course if something isnt quite working up there I have no idea without panel monitoring. Oh, well when I started looking at solar 10 years ago no one had sps so its just the game of technology. You can expect that going in.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadh View Post
          So now they come out with it. I really liked solar edge but I really wanted standby power. In the end I bought the sunnyboy and its been good. But i do get a bit of shading and of course if something isnt quite working up there I have no idea without panel monitoring. Oh, well when I started looking at solar 10 years ago no one had sps so its just the game of technology. You can expect that going in.
          They haven't actually come out with it. It's on their product data sheet but I don't think it made the cut sadly. So you probably made the best choice wanting standby power like I do. I'll be taking another look at pairing Tigo with sunnyboy.

Comment

Working...
          X