X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shet
    • May 2016

My solar installation starts this wednesday

My solar panel installation starts this Wednesday. I am in northern NJ. Thanks to all you guys who helped me with the various things. This will be with 30 panels of LG315 (black frames) and SolarEdge 7600 (I declined the SolarEdge 10000 that they offered at no extra cost). This is with P320 (Initially they had offered P400 which I had it changed after reading the posts here, thanks again). Also all black racking and black L-feet.

My SREC bid price got accepted too by PSEG. Its takes a long time though, around 1.5 to 2 months to know their decision. Also their interest rate is very high but that's okay. I stand to get back around 50% of the installation cost from my minimum SREC bid price over next ten years. And then from year 11 to year 15, whatever is the market rate for SREC

As the day nears, I do have some kind of buyer's remorse....i.e. is it worth drilling so many holes in the roof and having electricity on the roof and risk of fire and probable reluctance of fire fighers to put out fires by climbing the roof and aesthetics thing and so on...all this to save $100 or $200 a month...but lets see ...if nothing then at least it will slowdown the aging of the roof .....

Thanks again to all you guys....
    Last edited by shet; 09-19-2016, 01:45 PM. Reason: Changed the word "decay" to "slowdown"
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Hang in there shet. I am sure others have gone through the same trial of feelings but then like it when they saw a lower electric bill.

Keep us informed on how your install progresses. Have faith. The sun will shine and you will generate electricity.

Comment

Working...