X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveholtam
    • Jul 2016

SPS Wiring $350 or SolarEdge SE7600A-USS for $1,136

Last question!! I'm down to the last question, should I upgrade to SolarEdge or stick with the SMA-XXXXTL-US and add the Secure Power Supply wiring for $350. I liked the idea of the battery backup option (PowerWall, Etc.) on the SE, but from my reading that battery technology is currently expensive and the longevity of the batteries for continued home use seems questionable at best. The monitoring is way better on the SE product as well. Also I have zero shading issues and all panels will be on one plane. Both systems have the same 25 year warranty. Am I missing anything critical on this choice?

I discovered the SPS option on this site and it seems like a great "just in case" feature. Does the additional wiring cost of $350 seem ok? Is this something that I can do myself?
  • adoublee
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2009

I don't think you ever answered whether or not rapid shutdown is included with the SMA system or not. If it is the $350 might be reasonable for SPS functionality to be maintained. If not you should install yourself should you choose SMA.

There is otherwise no right answer. You know the differences. Now you must decide. I'd take SMA - electronics OFF the roof.

Comment

Working...