• Mar 2015

Originally posted by solar_newbie
    Nope hahaha.
    Well the, please pm me your installer contact

Comment

• enadroj
      • Aug 2015

solar_newbie

From reading your post history You seem to have gone from quote to install very rapidly. Is that accurate? How long did you spend in the quoting/pricing phase and once you committed, how long was it before work started? Several companies I'm talking to in the bay area are already telling me 2016Q1 before they can take on the work. Curious if this is an anomaly or if this should be expected?

Are you happy with your installer so far? If so, would appreciate a PM with their name. I'm on the peninsula and have had a tough time finding anything below $4.20/Watt BTC - especially someone who is willing to start work soon.

Comment

• solar_newbie
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by enadroj
        solar_newbie

From reading your post history You seem to have gone from quote to install very rapidly. Is that accurate? How long did you spend in the quoting/pricing phase and once you committed, how long was it before work started? Several companies I'm talking to in the bay area are already telling me 2016Q1 before they can take on the work. Curious if this is an anomaly or if this should be expected?

Are you happy with your installer so far? If so, would appreciate a PM with their name. I'm on the peninsula and have had a tough time finding anything below $4.20/Watt BTC - especially someone who is willing to start work soon.
        Yeah it takes around 2 weeks from signed contract to the work start. Actually my shopping only lasts 2-3 weeks before I signed contract. Maybe I do not have patient
        So far I am ok with my choice. There are couple changes so far and the installer still works well with me to make it happen. The final inspection will be early next week, but I like to make some justify on my electrical and make sure all my panels, inverter, computer are working well before doing so.

Comment

• enadroj
          • Aug 2015

Wow. That's incredibly fast. Good proactive decision making. Clearly, the guys I am talking to about scheduling 2016 work are either slow or have incredible demand. I find I do some analysis, put it aside, and find I don't come back to close it. Trying to schedule a bunch of appointments this week just to finalize and move forward. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

• solar_newbie
            • Aug 2015

All are operated -- Updated electrical maps.

Picture:
            IMG_3253.JPG

The final inspection is scheduled for tomorrow ... Then, PG&E application. Hope I will be online soon.

Comment

• Kazzz
              • Sep 2015

Could you pm me your installer? Thank you!

Comment

• solar_newbie
                • Aug 2015

Inspector requests to have special label to match with the installation for my home only . Since the main panel and the new sub-panel are in 2 sides of the fence, he wants the label to state that information, so possible future owner or inspector will know about it by reading the label.
                I guess I need to wait until next week for the custom order to be back ...

Mean wide, I got my first EV car lease (Chevy Spark EV) for 3 years now.
                What I pay:
                - Down payment : zero
                - Monthly : $139
                - End lease return the car : $0

What I get:
                - 3 years On-Star service : all emergency, Navigation support .... (value: $1,050)
                - 3 months WIFI and XM radio free
                - $2500 from California State
                - $500 to pay for my level 2 charger (I ordered 30A BOSCH for $90 -- No tax)
                - Free CAR POOL until 2019 (price less for highway commute).

Assume with this solar : I can charge for free (or less than 3c/kwh ). The car can do 5.4mile/kwh, based on the last 3 days commute of 65 mile per day on high way. So, there is huge benefits.

Comment

• dshenmdyn
                  • Aug 2015

Inspector requests to have special label to match with the installation for my home only . Since the main panel and the new sub-panel are in 2 sides of the fence, he wants the label to state that information, so possible future owner or inspector will know about it by reading the label.

What I pay:

What I get:
                  - 3 years On-Star service : all emergency, Navigation support .... (value: $1,050)

Assume with this solar : I can charge for free (or less than 3c/kwh ). The car can do 5.4mile/kwh, based on the last 3 days commute of 65 mile per day on high way. So, there is huge benefits.
                  Who is providing the $500 for level 2 charge installation? Is it only available for Spark owner?

Comment

• Naptown
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Feb 2011

What I pay:

What I get:

And based on the lease terms I saw and your daily commute, only $5200 when you turn the car back in (provided you don't use at all except for commuting.)
                    NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• solar_newbie
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Naptown
                      And based on the lease terms I saw and your daily commute, only $5200 when you turn the car back in (provided you don't use at all except for commuting.)
                      Yeah mostly to free up my current car from daily commute. I can keep the current car 3 more years longer. The cost is just 2,500 for 3 years. (5000 lease - 2500 from CA = 2500).

Comment

• solar_newbie
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by dshenmdyn
                        Who is providing the $500 for level 2 charge installation? Is it only available for Spark owner?
                        Chevy provides 500 credit to buy BOSCH MAX charger. The cost of 16A charger is $450 and 30A charger is $590 and NO TAX . I ordered the $590 and Paid 90.

Comment

• solar_newbie
                          • Aug 2015

Completed inspection

Finally my inspection is completed. Final plan kept the same as inspector does not want to change anything . Now it is time to wait for PG&E.... Cross my fingers. Update first page for system and electrical info, plus cost.

Comment

• dshenmdyn
                            • Aug 2015

Finally my inspection is completed. Final plan kept the same as inspector does not want to change anything . Now it is time to wait for PG&E.... Cross my fingers. Update first page for system and electrical info, plus cost.
                            Congrats!

Comment

• solar_newbie
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by dshenmdyn
                              Congrats!
                              Thank you. NEM application is sent ... Can't wait to get accept e-mail back from PG&E. Hopefully it will be received by next Friday

Comment

• newe70
                                • Aug 2015

Thank you. NEM application is sent ... Can't wait to get accept e-mail back from PG&E. Hopefully it will be received by next Friday
                                Congrats!!! That is not bad. SCE down here would takes around 2-3 weeks to give a pto. My NEM application is to be sent today or tomorrow. City Inspector gave a green light to go this morning.

Comment

Working...