X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by 71SoCal
    Just using a standard circular saw with a diamond blade. It's going to be a lot of cuts! I've got 40 new Q-Base mounts along with a fireplace and four other flashings. My electrical will drop down into the attic and pop out above the service panel. My wife has been running the A/C like crazy lately, so I'm really motivated to get this thing done!
    FWIW, to break lose the last edge of a notch cut (unless you limit yourself to V cuts) it is often possible to score the tile and snap it off at the desired line. Practice on broken tiles.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• solardavid
      • Jun 2015

matching micro-inverter to panel output

Why not be safe and use a 250 Enphase micro inverter?

Comment

• emartin00
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by solardavid
        Why not be safe and use a 250 Enphase micro inverter?
        Read the first 3 pages of this thread...

Comment

• 71SoCal
          • May 2015

Question on wire usage:

I want to run my main #8 wires through my attic, down my walls, into the back of my disconnect, next to my service panel. Can I use Romex/NM 8/3 wire? I don't believe there's an issue with the wire in the attic or walls, but the wire will need to penetrate the roof.

My current plan is to use about a one foot long piece of EMT through the roof sheathing, flashed and terminated underneath my disconnect box. Will this fly? Essentially, I will have about one foot of Romex in conduit, above roof, in a wet location. How is this situation usually handled?

Thanks!

Comment

• 71SoCal
            • May 2015

Originally posted by 71SoCal
            Question on wire usage:

I want to run my main #8 wires through my attic, down my walls, into the back of my disconnect, next to my service panel. Can I use Romex/NM 8/3 wire? I don't believe there's an issue with the wire in the attic or walls, but the wire will need to penetrate the roof.

My current plan is to use about a one foot long piece of EMT through the roof sheathing, flashed and terminated underneath my disconnect box. Will this fly? Essentially, I will have about one foot of Romex in conduit, above roof, in a wet location. How is this situation usually handled?

Thanks!
            Just to clarify, I have two disconnects. One on the ground next to the service panel, and one on the roof, attached to one of my racks. The roof disconnect is the one I'm referring to.

Comment

Working...