Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, that is a fine price!

Comment

Nice deal! The SE7600 is a bit of overkill for your array size and $450 more expensive than the SE6000. Planning on expanding later?
      24xLG300N+SE7600 [url]http://tiny.cc/n7ucvx[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by ericf1 View Post
        Nice deal! The SE7600 is a bit of overkill for your array size and $450 more expensive than the SE6000. Planning on expanding later?
        I'd like to keep the option open to expand. On the horizon is possibly an electric car and possibly a pool/spa. I've asked the installer for an "option to buy" that I could exercise later at the current $/watt, which the installer seems amenable to.

That said, do I lose anything by over sizing with the SE7600?

Comment

Originally posted by jd31 View Post
          Here's what I'm looking to pull the trigger on; hopefully sign an agreement this Friday:

- 6,325 watt system (109% of projected usage)
          - LG 275 panels (qty 23) + SolarEdge 7600 DC Optimizer
          - $/watt before tax incentive: $2.75*

* the actual cost is $22,074 or $3.48 /watt; however, that price includes a re-roof (separately quoted at over $4K from another roofing company) on the roof planes where the solar will be installed and other roofing work I need done. After removing those costs, my net cost for solar is $2.75/watt before tax incentive and $1.9/watt after.
          Good price indeed. Good luck with the installation.
          16xLG300N1C+SE6000[url]http://tiny.cc/ojmxyx[/url]

Comment

I'd like to keep the option open to expand. On the horizon is possibly an electric car and possibly a pool/spa. I've asked the installer for an "option to buy" that I could exercise later at the current $/watt, which the installer seems amenable to.

That said, do I lose anything by over sizing with the SE7600?
            I don't think you lose anything as far as features or efficiency, and expanding will be much cheaper than if you need a new inverter or a whole second system. My installer ran the electrical conduit directly under the roof area where I would install any additional panels, making it easy to add on.

Comment

By going with SE7600, do you have to derate or upgrade your main panel? or similarly what ampage of breaker are you installing? For SE6000 you can live with 40A, but for SE7600 you will need 50A (32A*1.5 = 48A, according to code) which some times requires you to modify your main panel.

Comment

Originally posted by thejq View Post
                By going with SE7600, do you have to derate or upgrade your main panel? or similarly what ampage of breaker are you installing? For SE6000 you can live with 40A, but for SE7600 you will need 50A (32A*1.5 = 48A, according to code) which some times requires you to modify your main panel.
                Good question. I'll double check, but I'm fairly certain my breaker doesn't need to be upgraded (200 amp panel). I was originally looking at a 7,700 /watts system (or thereabout) and when the installer checked my breaker, he said I didn't need to upgrade it.

Comment

The math is 32 * 1.25 = 40. The same breaker is required for the 6000 or 7600 w inverter.
                  CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by thejq View Post
                    for SE7600 you will need 50A (32A*1.5 = 48A, according to code)
                    I believe on the AC side, it's 32A*1.25 = 40A.

Comment

I see. I must have remembered wrong.

Comment

Installer?

JD, Your posts have been very informative for me as I am trying to spec a similar system for my home. Would it be against forum etiquette for me ask (via PM) who did your install? I am still noob status so I can't PM yet

Thanks for any info!

Comment

Originally posted by ganz View Post
                          JD, Your posts have been very informative for me as I am trying to spec a similar system for my home. Would it be against forum etiquette for me ask (via PM) who did your install? I am still noob status so I can't PM yet

Thanks for any info!
                          No not at all. Happy to PM.

Comment

Here's what I'm looking to pull the trigger on; hopefully sign an agreement this Friday:

- 6,325 watt system (109% of projected usage)
                            - LG 275 panels (qty 23) + SolarEdge 7600 DC Optimizer
                            - $/watt before tax incentive: $2.75*

* the actual cost is $22,074 or $3.48 /watt; however, that price includes a re-roof (separately quoted at over $4K from another roofing company) on the roof planes where the solar will be installed and other roofing work I need done. After removing those costs, my net cost for solar is $2.75/watt before tax incentive and $1.9/watt after.
                            JD31
                            That's a really good deal.
                            Could you PM your company?

Thanks,
                            Calvin

Comment

I signed my contract today. I upgraded to the LG280 panels for an extra $.02/watt, which added a benign $200 to my total cost. I also financed 30% of the project at 0% for 1 year. I figured why not.

Excited. I've been wanting to go solar since my last home and I'm one step closer. Hoping to add an electric car in the future. I will update the thread with the install experience.

Comment

great deal JD

I signed my contract today. I upgraded to the LG280 panels for an extra $.02/watt, which added a benign $200 to my total cost. I also financed 30% of the project at 0% for 1 year. I figured why not.

Excited. I've been wanting to go solar since my last home and I'm one step closer. Hoping to add an electric car in the future. I will update the thread with the install experience.
                                JD, I live in San Diego too and have 3 quotes over the past 1.5 yrs. I would also like to know if you could please PM me your solar installer as several of my quotes used the LG280 panel, but not as good of a deal as you got. Closer to $3.7 per W. You got a great deal! Would love to know your installer! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X