Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veger70
    replied
    Up and running finally but have a little issue. Anyone have experience with these inverters
    INVERTER - (2) SolarEdge Technologies SE7600A-USS2RNCY2

one is showing a fault and need help resetting it.

i think it may be affecting our production. We’re generating 19kwh per day off thiS system

NEW 10.880kW DC | 7.660kW AC and a existing 2.025kW DC | 15.000kW AC system

Leave a comment:

• Veger70
    replied
    Originally posted by Ampster View Post
    Here is the other thread where the poster talks about his settings. Once your system is up you may be able to pick a different mode.
    https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...-configuration
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post

I'm off grid and squeak by with an efficient, standard 2400sf house, on about 8kwh daily.

In your case, if the grid goes down, you need to throttle the air cond way back, and cut your loads to the bone. When smoke from wildfires blows in, even light smoke cuts my harvest 50%. I was running my backup generator in the fires of 2018 because my solar was zilch from the smoke, and I was 90 miles north of Santa Rosa.
    I wish I could get back down to below 30kWh per day but with 2 shed AC units and my RV AC it seems my usage had grown a lot since my move. If I turn off any of the AC units I will have temperature issues with the stuff that is inside those sheds and RV.

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    Here is the other thread where the poster talks about his settings. Once your system is up you may be able to pick a different mode.
    https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...-configuration

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Ok. I guess I am surprised that 2 batteries, each rated only 9.8kWh, will get anyone through an entire day let alone week or more.

Most people with a large home will burn close to 50kWh a day.

I'm off grid and squeak by with an efficient, standard 2400sf house, on about 8kwh daily.

In your case, if the grid goes down, you need to throttle the air cond way back, and cut your loads to the bone. When smoke from wildfires blows in, even light smoke cuts my harvest 50%. I was running my backup generator in the fires of 2018 because my solar was zilch from the smoke, and I was 90 miles north of Santa Rosa.

Leave a comment:

• Veger70
    replied

Here is a link.
    https://app.olivineinc.com/i/011/Son...CustomerEnroll

The price has gone up since I got mine for just shipping, handling and tax. For a $650 charging station it is still a good deal. It may be more than you need for the Prius. However the $5 per month gives it a 4 year payback and and more capacity for a future EV. Howerver it would most likely require a bigger receptacle and new circuit to be installed.
    Thx yeah probably don’t need that for the Prius, but as far as mode it still needs final inspection by PG&E so it’s not connected to the grid yet. Originally they had the battery designed to not be connected to the electric panels and only be used by outlets.
    when the electrician was hooking it up he told us that and we had that changed. they are now connected directly to panels so we may be able to load shaved. Will know more once we get connected.

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    Originally posted by Veger70 View Post

I would be interested in how you got a free EV charging station we have Prius Prime
    Here is a link.
    https://app.olivineinc.com/i/011/Son...CustomerEnroll

The price has gone up since I got mine for just shipping, handling and tax. For a $650 charging station it is still a good deal. It may be more than you need for the Prius. However the $5 per month gives it a 4 year payback and and more capacity for a future EV. Howerver it would most likely require a bigger receptacle and new circuit to be installed.

Leave a comment:

• Veger70
    replied

I am on Sonoma Clean Power and get a $0.01 incentive for the energy I generate. I also got a free EV charging station and a credit of $5 per month for their Grid Savvy program. I don't get charged each month by SCP. It is all on one bill prepared by PGE. I can provide more details since I have attended some of the SCP meetings before C19.
    I would be interested in how you got a free EV charging station we have Prius Prime

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    ok I guess i may have misunderstood what the designer said but we are hopping that during summer rolling blackouts and fire shutoffs we would be able to run off the batteries.
    Maybe I need to start from the beginning Vivint offered to install our solar system at no cost, we agreed to pay Vivint 21cents per kWh for 20 years limited to 3cents/per year rate hike. We either pay SCP POCO only if we don’t produce enough power. At least that’s my understanding.
    We kind of jumped in without much research because PG&E has been such a **** show up here and we saw this as a way to lock-in rates for 20 years and solve our power problems during the summer at no cost.
    If you don't own the system then your options are limited in terms of user settings. Can you tell which mode it is in? I am not sure what the purpose of batteries were if they can't be used for load shaving or backup? I may be missing something, I will reread the thread to see if it is more clear.

Leave a comment:

• Veger70
    replied
    ok I guess i may have misunderstood what the designer said but we are hopping that during summer rolling blackouts and fire shutoffs we would be able to run off the batteries.
    Maybe I need to start from the beginning Vivint offered to install our solar system at no cost, we agreed to pay Vivint 21cents per kWh for 20 years limited to 3cents/per year rate hike. We either pay SCP POCO only if we don’t produce enough power. At least that’s my understanding.
    We kind of jumped in without much research because PG&E has been such a **** show up here and we saw this as a way to lock-in rates for 20 years and solve our power problems during the summer at no cost.

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied

I believe with two batteries we will be able to go a week or more on battery power at least that was the plan with CA rolling blackouts and cutting power for fires. depending on our power use.
    Yes it depends on your usage. Most of the planned power outages we have had in Sonoma County are during clear weather and your solar should be able to provide your power during the day and then, depending on your usage you should be able to get through the evening on batteries.

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    Hi my name is Sean,
    We just had a Vivint Solar system installed with two batteries that should produce 15% more power than we currently use. My question was we are currently receiving power thru Sonoma Clean Power but the Vivint guy who set up our system suggested we switch back to PG&E I’ve tried to do research but info is hard to come by. I think SCP rates are slightly lower and the double PG&E rates when settling up at the end of the year. The only down side I could see is SCP each month charges you if you use energy off the grid beyond what your panels produce but PG&E just settles up at the end of the year. Since we should be producing more power than we use that shouldn’t be an issue right? Any info or good source for research would be appreciated!
    I am on Sonoma Clean Power and get a $0.01 incentive for the energy I generate. I also got a free EV charging station and a credit of $5 per month for their Grid Savvy program. I don't get charged each month by SCP. It is all on one bill prepared by PGE. I can provide more details since I have attended some of the SCP meetings before C19.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Ok I guess I didn’t understand something so our system was designed to produce 15% more energy than we use and we used bill’s when we were using a lot of power, since then we installed nest thermostats an are using a lot less power. So I’m almost certain in most cases we will produce more power than we use.
    But unless the power is shut off we aren’t apparently going to running off the batteries. I was told by the designers that they can’t do that. Charge up the batteries then run off batteries instead of the grid.
    But if the grid is down and you have cloudy days what is going to recharge the batteries?

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied

I believe with two batteries we will be able to go a week or more on battery power at least that was the plan with CA rolling blackouts and cutting power for fires. depending on our power use.
    Ok. I guess I am surprised that 2 batteries, each rated only 9.8kWh, will get anyone through an entire day let alone week or more.

Most people with a large home will burn close to 50kWh a day.

Leave a comment:

• Veger70
    replied
    Ok I guess I didn’t understand something so our system was designed to produce 15% more energy than we use and we used bill’s when we were using a lot of power, since then we installed nest thermostats an are using a lot less power. So I’m almost certain in most cases we will produce more power than we use.
    But unless the power is shut off we aren’t apparently going to running off the batteries. I was told by the designers that they can’t do that. Charge up the batteries then run off batteries instead of the grid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X