3 phase hybird grid tie commercial installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 phase hybird grid tie commercial installation

A freind has a commercial building and is wanting to do a hybird grid tie system, plans include XW+6848 inverters,maybe 8848's, Schneider CC's, huge FLA batteries, at 2700 a.h. 2 volt cells, wants all gear to communicate, so all Schneider with combox, monotoring , etc. Power company has approved concept but awaits final details. Small machine shop with time dependent delivery needs, so system must support small Bridgeport milling machine without interruption, also small CNC Lathe, need 6-8 h.p. during power outages, can't stop CNC in process. POCO is PG&E, location Santa Cruz, County, service is 400 amp 240 volt delta hi-leg. Are there any issues that we need to look out for? I'm over my head on this one, want a bit of expertise here, thanx....
    david

The usual question, why not just get a 3 phase generator? The CNC may be equipped
    to gracefully deal with a power interruption while changing over. Bruce Roe

Comment

Freind has solar powered house and it's paying off, wants to offset utility bills. Also has huge lot of panels, panasonics and the 2 volt cells, wants to put them to use.
      Last edited by Tecnodave; 06-29-2019, 11:45 AM. Reason: bit more info to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnodave View Post
        Freind has solar powered house and it's paying off, wants to offset utility bills. Also has huge lot of panels, panasonics and the 2 volt cells, wants to put them to use.
        You can offset your utility bills and put the panels to work with simple net metering.
        Once you bring in batteries there no doubt will be big time costs up front and in
        long term maintenance. And you will need a generator anyway.
        good luck, Bruce Roe

Comment

And why do I need a generator, I've been off grid for years now and I have no generator......floating long before noon

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnodave View Post
            And why do I need a generator, I've been off grid for years now and I have no generator......floating long before noon
            The generator is to save the batteries in certain situations. And keeping the 8hp motor
            running on an extended outage with limited sun. I will leave it to the off grid
            owners to detail this out. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
            X