X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by RockyinNM

Hello citabria--I wanted to PM U, but could not figure out how. I also live in Grant Co--lower Mimbres, off of 61 hwy. Would love to share some info.
    PM me if U can figure it out.
    Rocky in NM
    There are no PM's on this forum.

Comment

• citabria
      • Oct 2016

The homestead is somewhat near the Santa Rita Pit. Locally, Dement Electric has expanded into the solar market and is a dealer for a major generator brand. Give them a call and ask for Matt. Locally, propane is north of about $2.75 per gallon, so that is a bit painful running the 20KW genset. I suspect you could get by with about a 5KW genset, but do energy calculations to estimate your needs.

After 2 telephone calls to Onan-Cummins out of Albuquerque, and the clerks assurance that someone would return my call, I haven't heard back from them yet.

Batteries are a PITA, and like the mods have stated...be prepared for a new full time hobby with batteries.

Comment

• RockyinNM
        • Oct 2016

I'm on the grid, so I hope 2 not have to call upon the gen. 2much. You, living off the grid may not be aware of the outages we have out here, but enough 2 be a PITA.
        I have water well set up on solar, that supplies water 2 home, so the water is taken care of. I wanted 2 do a hybrid, but I did NOT want 2 take on a NEW full time hobby---so if TSHTF, I got water, and lead!!
        As U know, any of these (solar Co) want ALL your business at a inflated price, or they are NOT willing to speak with U. Just my experience!!!
        The water was done mostly by me, had to have a plumber, here and there--cut out the middle man as much as possible.
        Panels off craigslist, pumps from solar store.
        Maybe a 20kw propane gen in the (near) future. I have a very power hungry home. Can't do much about it now! Just trying to make do with what we got.
        36 evacuated tube, drain back solar hot water

Comment

Working...