Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny Island - ONGRID MODE

Hello friends,
    I’m Aluísio from Brazil. I have set a FLEXIBLE STORAGE SYSTEM WITH BATTERY BACKUP FUNCTION. Every thing is great BUT there is a problem. Just one. When the utility grid faults the SUNNY ISLAND is establishing a 50Hz backup grid. I need that it establishes a 60Hz backup grid. I am not getting to change this. How must i do to change? To set the inverter to 60Hz? I need a help from someone that have experience with SUNNY ISLAND on ONGRID mode.

Best Regards,
    Aluísio

Originally posted by aluisio View Post
    Hello friends,
    I’m Aluísio from Brazil. I have set a FLEXIBLE STORAGE SYSTEM WITH BATTERY BACKUP FUNCTION. Every thing is great BUT there is a problem. Just one. When the utility grid faults the SUNNY ISLAND is establishing a 50Hz backup grid. I need that it establishes a 60Hz backup grid. I am not getting to change this. How must i do to change? To set the inverter to 60Hz? I need a help from someone that have experience with SUNNY ISLAND on ONGRID mode.

Best Regards,
    Aluísio
    Hello Aluisio and welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

There should be a menu option(probably more than one) in the configuration interface of the SI which either switches between 50Hz and 60Hz or allows direct setting of the frequency.

If it is like other SMA products those options will be hidden or locked, requiring a password for access. To get that password you may need to involve an SMA dealer or installer.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Hi inetdog. The SI (Sunny Island) has 3 leves of administrator. They are: 1-USER; 2-INSTALLER; 3-EXPERT. It is a hierarchy where expert is the level with greater freedom to make changes. Besides I have got a password with the SMA Brazil to which I can have further freedom than expert level. Even so i didn't get to change the frequency to 60Hz. This inverter has 2 modes of operation: 1-ONGRID ; 2-OFFGRID. The menus of both modes are differents from each other. I need choose the ONGRID mode on kind of system that i am working. If i choose the OFFGRID mode it is so easy to change the frequency. But if i choose the ONGRID mode the menu changes and i have not access to choose. i'll send 2 pictures to you see: 1-The modes and submodes (inside of modes); 2-the initials menus of ONGRID mode and OFFGRID mode. Look:

Comment

MODES and SUBMODES of work
        Attached Files

Comment

Menus
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aluisio View Post
            Menus
            Item #11 for the "on grid" menu mentions a Country rating. The frequency may be a fixed value based on that item or it could be something that you can change so it works on the Grid of 60hz.

Comment

Ok SunEagle. Let me explain the menu (the main part). When i turn on the SI the first screen that appears is the BOOT SCREEN. And i have a time to enter on this menu. Aproach 7 seconds. Look to BOOT SCREEN.

Comment

This is the BOOT SCREEN
                Attached Files

Comment

If i don't entar and the 7 seconds pass so appears the main menu. The USER menu.

Comment

But if i enter so appears the last image that i have post here. So i choose NEW SYSTEM. So appears the second image that i have post here. So i do the adjusts and confirm. After that appear the following image:

Comment

OK. On this screen i need adjust 2 kinds of frequency. The frequency of the UTILITY GRID and the frequency of the BACKUP GRID created by the SI when a grid faults happens. Let me open the menu. Wait
                      Attached Files

Comment

On the image this post the GREEN arrows shows the parameters that i must to change to adapt SI to the UTILITY GRID (so the SI will sinchronize with the UTILITY GRID). The RED arrow show the parameter that i can change the frequency of the BACKUP GRID created by the SI when the UTILITY GRID is turned off. I don't get change to 60Hz. The highest value is 55Hz.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is the question: What should I do to that parameter 210 # 02 can be set to 60Hz?

Comment

Have you tried changing the Country setting to a country with 60Hz power standard and a compatible set of voltage options?

Or is it already set that way?

Contact SMA to see whether there is a hardware difference or hardware jumper settings required for this change?
                            Last edited by inetdog; 10-17-2016, 05:19 PM.
                            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

I'm trying with them. But on Brazil is not common the use of backup systems. The SMA arrived on Chile with PV systems but didn't on Brazil. There are very few PV systems with SMA on Brazil. I don't no why. So I need for help on Chile and they don't have deep knowlege in Sunny Island. No one know a solution to Sunny Island. They know Sunny Boy but nothing about Sunny Island.

Comment

Working...
                              X