Solution for DC AFCI arc-fault requirements when using Outback Radian based system

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macdonaldtomw
    • May 2016

Solution for DC AFCI arc-fault requirements when using Outback Radian based system

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to build a grid-tied PV system with battery backup using the Outback Radian series inverters in such a way that the DC AFCI code requirement is met.

My local dealer advised using a Midnite Solar Classic 150 charge controller instead of the Outback FM80 charge controller since it comes with AFCI , but if I do that then the brains of the Outback system (i.e. the MATE3 and HUB4) won't be able to control/communicate with the 3rd party charge controller.

• ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

Outback has a new rapid shutdown solution available in a few weeks that has built in AFCI
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Enejo Sulei
      Enejo Sulei commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Butch Deal, Please do you know were i can get an instructional video for the the EP-Solar 30A 12/24V Charge controller. ViewStar Model: VS3024N.
      Thanks for any assistance...
  • Enejo Sulei
    • Aug 2016

Hello, I would be very grateful if i could get an instructional video for the the EP-Solar 30A 12/24V Charge controller. ViewStar Model: VS3024N.
    Thanks for any assistance. There Instruction manual is very difficult to understand and all the instructional videos on Youtube are in spanish or Italian

Comment

Working...