Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Solar System

Hi All,

I am new to solar power, and would like to utilize Solar to charge my home inverter system.
    I dont know what type of panels or charge controller to buy, please could you help me?
    Also do you have some calculation that I can use in the future?

My inverter is as follows :

4x 12V 165Ah Batteries in series
    1x 48V 8A Charge controller for the battery
    1x 1600W Inverter

Currently I charge this system using power from my wall socket, I would like to start charging them using Solar.

Appreciate your time and help on this.

Thanks,
    Rish

You'll get better answers if you can provide more information. What is your typical daily energy requirement? Where are you located, and at what azimuth and tilt do you intend to install the panels?
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post
      You'll get better answers if you can provide more information. What is your typical daily energy requirement? Where are you located, and at what azimuth and tilt do you intend to install the panels?
      I have not measured my daily requirement as yet, this inverter is simply just for backup purposes. At most it will run about 900W total load.
      I am based in South Africa - daily sun hours are about 5.5hr.

Dont know anything about azimuth and tilt.

Comment

With a 48volt 165Ah battery you need to generate around 16.5 amps. Using an MPPT charge controller you will need about 800 watts of panels (800w / 48v = 16.7a) but might need more depending on the lowest solar insolation hours you get during the Winter.

That battery system should safely yield about 2000 watt hours a day without discharging it more than 25% but that does not get you much using 900 watt load and you have to generate more watt hours with your panels then what you take out of the battery system.

Comment

Working...
        X