No announcement yet.

PWM C. Controller, Manual Explaination.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWM C. Controller, Manual Explaination.

Correcting address (explanation) .
    Attached, some pages of the manual explanation. Although, it claims performing a 3 stage charging process. it won't allow programming for absorb stage voltage (as it differs between Gels n AGMs). But, it, wierdly, allows you to set float voltage! (I thought float is same for all deep cycles)
    Please guys look into attached and comment, advise, critisize; I won't mind if you LOL at it,
    (Off-Grid. 12V Sys: two 150W panels + 150Ah sealed gel battery + PWM 30amps c.controller + Microtek Sinewave UPS SEBz1100.)
    P.S. I have no DC loads.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Feisal; 01-31-2016, 11:59 AM.

Originally posted by Feisal View Post
    Correcting address (explanation) .
    Attached, some pages of the manual explanation. Although, it claims performing a 3 stage charging process. it won't allow programming for absorb stage voltage (as it differs between Gels n AGMs). But, it, wierdly, allows you to set float voltage! (I thought float is same for all deep cycles)
    Please guys look into attached and comment, advise, critisize; I won't mind if you LOL at it,
    (Off-Grid. 12V Sys: two 150W panels + 150Ah sealed gel battery + PWM 30amps c.controller + Microtek Sinewave UPS SEBz1100.)
    P.S. I have no DC loads.
    The float voltage for lead acid chemistry depends on the electrolyte concentration (a design issue depending on use and climate) and the alloy used in the active elements of the plates. The purpose of the float voltage is to be able to send enough current into the battery to keep it at 100% SOC despite self discharge but not to overcharge it to the point of overheating or electrolyte loss or plate erosion.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
      The float voltage for lead acid ...
      Thanks inetdog for the info.

Comment

And in the case of AGM's, that float voltage needs to be at LEAST 13.6v to actually "finish" the charge, which takes 8-12 hours minimum after absorb is over. Thereafter it is a maintenance charge.

Voltages lower than 13.6 won't fully charge the agm. 13.8v is even better as it helps ensure a truly full charge in a lesser amount of time, IF your battery allows for that, but you shouldn't maintain at 13.8v forever. So there's the trick - those that float at say 13.3v don't ever really finish charging the agm, but will slowly walk them down in capacity.

Feisal - you really should look into another controller that will lower the absorb voltage, (14.0 - 14.1v) otherwise your gel is just burning up faster than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by PNjunction View Post
          And in the case of AGM's,....

Feisal - you really should look into another controller that will lower the absorb voltage, (14.0 - 14.1v) otherwise your gel is just burning up faster than normal.
          Thanks PNjunction, thanks for the info & advice.

Comment

Working...
          X