No announcement yet.

PLug in Wall GTI Vs Central or Micro Inverter for a 4-5KW system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

billvon is right, All UL solar panel come with ground connection hole, Just connect them together and ground it to ground, do not ground it to your power line, Ground it to ground directly either "Copper rod" " Metel water pipe", not very much work.

In My area, Our electricity rate is 6 cents only, I installed 1/3 size of my 5KW system and decided to wait awhile for better timing, It does need cleaning occasionally here due to dust problem unless you install them more vertical.

I also installed a small testing 400W Wind turbine, It was even worse Idea here because of higher maintenance and noise problem with expensive strong mounting system needed. ( For winter time power)

They are investment, I find that it looks $100 project but it is easily end up $10,000.

Comment

Originally posted by computerpc101 View Post
      billvon is right, All UL solar panel come with ground connection hole, Just connect them together and ground it to ground, do not ground it to your power line, Ground it to ground directly either "Copper rod" " Metel water pipe", not very much work.

In My area, Our electricity rate is 6 cents only, I installed 1/3 size of my 5KW system and decided to wait awhile for better timing, It does need cleaning occasionally here due to dust problem unless you install them more vertical.

I also installed a small testing 400W Wind turbine, It was even worse Idea here because of higher maintenance and noise problem with expensive strong mounting system needed. ( For winter time power)

They are investment, I find that it looks $100 project but it is easily end up $10,000.
      Ok thanks for the info I think the quote I got includes grounding lugs at least and I do have a copper pole in the ground which is attached to my structure I will run a separate copper line down to ground.

I have looked at sizing the system up to 7KW from what I read 80% can be accounted for waste by the time you finish so 30x 230w panels might be a better bet with a SB7000US looking at an electricity consumption of about 10K Kwh per year minimum with some days as much as 80kwh consumed with AC units running and stuff.

My estimates of $16K investment (Including shipping and tax from Miami to costa rica ) with $3K a year bill (yes here we are being charged a nice 30C/kwh) is that grid parity would be reached in 5 years. I will be doing the install myself with a qualified US electrician at hand.

Now waiting for panels to come in from Germany to Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoocr View Post
        Ok thanks for the info I think the quote I got includes grounding lugs at least and I do have a copper pole in the ground which is attached to my structure I will run a separate copper line down to ground.

I have looked at sizing the system up to 7KW from what I read 80% can be accounted for waste by the time you finish so 30x 230w panels might be a better bet with a SB7000US looking at an electricity consumption of about 10K Kwh per year minimum with some days as much as 80kwh consumed with AC units running and stuff.

My estimates of $16K investment (Including shipping and tax from Miami to costa rica ) with $3K a year bill (yes here we are being charged a nice 30C/kwh) is that grid parity would be reached in 5 years. I will be doing the install myself with a qualified US electrician at hand.

Now waiting for panels to come in from Germany to Miami.
        What make of panels are you buying at $1.25 per watt, including shipping from Germany to Costa Rica?

Comment

Working...
        X