Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maestroX2
    replied
    You are very close to me. We are in San Bernardino County. We are installing 5.596 kW AC Watts. ( 28 Solon Black 235W & 28 Enphase m215-60-240-S2x ). Right now we are waiting for Enphase m215 with tyco connectors. Distributor sent wrong type. Our installer said, it should be here in a week or two. *finger crossed*. Last month electric bill was $350.

Our installed system price: $34k - $5.8k SCE Rebate (received by installer) = $28.2k ( out of pocket price ) - $8.4 k ( federal tax break ) = $19.8k for total cost. I believe Riverside has better rebate than us.

You might want to check Sharp panels too if you have space issue. It's a little bit smaller than most of the panels.

Leave a comment:

• KRenn
    replied
    Originally posted by Naptown View Post
    The problem is not with Enphase compatibility. The problem is with Sunpower allowing it.
    One needs permission to use a non Sunpower inverter.
    This. Sunpower modules can't just be purchased from a wholesaler, when an installer purchases the panels, they basically purchase
    a pack and their user agreement requires them to abide by various system install protocols.

Leave a comment:

• Naptown
    replied
    The problem is not with Enphase compatibility. The problem is with Sunpower allowing it.
    One needs permission to use a non Sunpower inverter.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Originally posted by Solar-dude View Post
    "The enphase could be a problem however as Sunpower does not generally allow their use except in certain circumstances."

why not? i thought as long as the power output of panel was close to power output of inverter it would work with any panel?
    Enphase says what panels their microinverter will work with - no big secret.

If one wants to use the unit with a different brand of panel they are on their own.

Leave a comment:

• Solar-dude
    replied
    "The enphase could be a problem however as Sunpower does not generally allow their use except in certain circumstances."

why not? i thought as long as the power output of panel was close to power output of inverter it would work with any panel?

Leave a comment:

• Sparkplug
    replied
    Originally posted by Naptown View Post
    The 36K sounds a little low for that system you described. Your current pricing is probably more like it. The enphase could be a problem however as Sunpower does not generally allow their use except in certain circumstances.

Sanyo makes a very high density module that rivals or exceeds the Sunpower modules.
    These are even more expensive than the Sunpower modules and acheive the density by laminating an amorphous layer around the hard cells.
    I have concerns regarding the life spans on the amorphous layers, As amorphous doesn't have a particularly good track record.
    Thanks naptown,
    On Enphase website it shows you can use the M210 with the sunpower SRP-230 panel, but I'll check with the contractor to see if Sunpower is OK with using the Enphase. I like the Sunpower for their small size and warranty. I'm new to solar and their is so much information out there. I want to get in at the $2.80 watt rebate before the City utility runs out or reduce their funds.

Leave a comment:

• Naptown
    replied
    The 36K sounds a little low for that system you described. Your current pricing is probably more like it. The enphase could be a problem however as Sunpower does not generally allow their use except in certain circumstances.

Sanyo makes a very high density module that rivals or exceeds the Sunpower modules.
    These are even more expensive than the Sunpower modules and acheive the density by laminating an amorphous layer around the hard cells.
    I have concerns regarding the life spans on the amorphous layers, As amorphous doesn't have a particularly good track record.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkplug
    started a topic Quote on Sunpower system with microinverters

Quote on Sunpower system with microinverters

I saw a thread from penberth dated 1-15-2011. The quote was for 30 Sunpower SRP-230-WHT-U panels and 30 Enphase Energy, M210-84-240-S11/2 micro inverters. The price quote was around $36K installed with the company doing all permitting, labor. etc.
    I am currently looking to install the same system except for using the SPR-230-WHT-D. My main reason for going with this panel is the wattage to size. I like the Enphase micro inverters because of its new technology. I'm putting up a 5.99kw AC system on a hip roof so space is limited. The price quoted me was $43K with a quote from another contractor $44.5k. Other quotes were using different manufacture panels which were larger in size (and would require panels on north-facing roof). My question is should there be that big a price difference in todays economy? And is there a better panel with a equal or smaller footprint of value available?
Working...
X