Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bukzin
    • Jul 2014

In search of IronRidge parts

Wanting to add on to my roof mount system.
    Anyone know where I might buy IronRidge rails (XRL) and related parts?

Seems the XRL series is discontinued, so my search is on.

I need splice bars, end clamps, as well.

Thanks!
    Last edited by bukzin; 03-17-2021, 08:12 PM.
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

I got my Ironridge parts from a local CED Greentech. I think they are National in the USA and there may be one near you, unless you are in Iceland. The small stuff can be purchased from many mail order suppliers perhaps less expensively but shipping the rails can be expensive.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• foo1bar
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2014

Anyone know where I might buy IronRidge rails (XRL) and related parts?
      XRL is I think an old product.
      They may not make it anymore. The current rail systems ironridge has are XR10, XR100, XR1000.
      You can possibly call a bunch of places and see if they still have 5+ year old rails in the back of their warehouse.
      And when that fails, if I were you, I'd look at how you can use some of the existing rails but buy more rails for the expansion.
      Maybe you can move some rails and solar modules around. like if you had a 2 row high by 5 column wide, and you were going to add on another 2-row-high by 5-column wide next to it, you could instead move the rails down and have a 1-high-10wide bottom row with old rails/modules. And a 1-high-10-wide top row with new rails and modules.
      Or just buy all new rails.
      FWIW - I bought my rails from renvu about 6 years ago - but there are a lot of other providers.

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

I did not originally understand that you were looking for discontinued parts. Splice bars can be made from aluminum bar stock. You may need to run ground straps between the splices. The configuration of clamps is much easier.

I found one picture of an XRL rail and it looks like it used 1/4" bolt on top and 3/8" bolt on the side.
        Last edited by Ampster; 03-18-2021, 01:11 PM.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...