X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heimdm
    Solar Fanatic
    • Oct 2019

Powerwall Production

Received this from one of the solar installers I have been in communication with...
    "Tesla Powerwalls have stopped shipping for the remainder of the year nationally. We have been given vague guidance by corporate to expect delivery Q1 of 2021 for new orders."
  • Will792
    • Jan 2019

I am wondering if Tesla decided to reserve new PowerWalls for their own installations only. They became very aggressive with pricing for new solar system installations and give 2K discount for including PowerWalls in PV order. My expectation is that it will increase demand for PW from new, direct Tesla customers.

Comment

• Salts
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2019

Before I built my battery bank, I looked into purchasing a Tesla Powerwall II. That was 2017-18, and they had a 6 month backlog. With all the wild fires out west and the rolling blackouts, I can't imagine what the wait time is now.

My guess, they can't make them fast enough and don't want bad PR because of ridiculous wait times. Sooner or later, people will start posting on social media that they ordered one, put a down payment on it, and it never got delivered. And all because a 6 month wait became two years.

Lets face it, if you're not technically inclined, you're not going to build your own power storage system.

Comment

Working...