X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heimdm
    Solar Fanatic
    • Oct 2019

Enphase IQ8 Update

Has there been any news of when ENphase will be releasing their IQ8 platform? I am really interested in their islanding aspect.
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by heimdm
    Has there been any news of when ENphase will be releasing their IQ8 platform? I am really interested in their islanding aspect.
    I know a guy from Florida that got the Enphase batteries installed a month ago which I think is part of that platform. That is all I have heard. I have IQ7 inverters and an Envoy and it can do some cool stuff compare to some old M215s that I also have. I am not sure what you mean by the islanding aspect?. Do you mean the batteries? If you mean zero or non export the IQ7 and Envoy can do that.
    Last edited by Ampster; 08-30-2020, 12:10 PM. Reason: Clarify.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• heimdm
      Solar Fanatic
      • Oct 2019

By islanding, I mean the ability during a power outage to shut off the connection to the grid and charge the energy storage (batteries). We have occasional power events. However, rarely does it go more than 4-6 hours. While just being able to operate short term off of batteries would in most cases be sufficient. If an solid option to recharge the batteries during an outage exists, I want to take advantage of that.

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

Thanks for the clarification. That is the typical behavior of any AC coupled system when coupled to GT inverters. So far the reports from my acquantance in Florida are good. He is a DIY kind of person but chose the Enphase system because of a pressing need and no time to work out a less expensive alternate. So far those systems are only being released to certified installers.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Will792
          • Jan 2019

In the last Enphase quarter conference call of financial analysts with company management there were several questions about release schedule for standalone IQ8. CEO was somewhat alluding to the beginning of the next year.

personally I think that implementation of islanding production is more difficult than anticipated by the company and it might take substantially more time to polish. Technically IQ8 is released as part of battery system.

Comment

Working...