Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opti serial numbers

Hi all,

Long story short, had my v1 HDWave inverter replaced. The original installer did not record the panel placement and when we moved to the new inverter, hence new site we had to do a best guess placement in the monitor. I can tell its off a bit - is there a way to get and accurate understanding of which optimizer is where? I can easily read the panel's serial number but not the optimzers. Other than lifting the panel is there another way?

Thanks

Originally posted by frankge View Post
    Hi all,

Long story short, had my v1 HDWave inverter replaced. The original installer did not record the panel placement and when we moved to the new inverter, hence new site we had to do a best guess placement in the monitor. I can tell its off a bit - is there a way to get and accurate understanding of which optimizer is where? I can easily read the panel's serial number but not the optimzers. Other than lifting the panel is there another way?

Thanks
    I have the same issue, I have heard if you place a blanket or other material to block the light you can get a good sense for where the optimizer is situated in the array. I have yet to try it because that installation is functioning well and is 400 miles away.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

That's a great idea! didnt' think of that. I was going to try a bore scope under the panel.

Comment

Solar panel bingo done! One point my anti-solar friends have is that the PoCo is not as inconsistent as the solar labor force out there,

Comment

Working...
        X