Advantages of 375w vs 300w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantages of 375w vs 300w

I am looking to install a 6 kwh grid tie system using microinverters. If the price per watt is nearly the same, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using sixteen 375w panels vs twenty 300w panels?

likely zero advantage.

If the 375W modules are 72 cell then no advantage and some disadvantages are that few 72 cell modules come in black on black
    If the 375w modules are 60 cell then the fully array will be slightly smaller but I take it that both fit well so no help there. Slightly less railing, a few less micro inverters but the ones you do have will be more expensive. The modules will be more expensive so all in will be more expensive than with 300W modules.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by Coach v View Post
      I am looking to install a 6 kwh grid tie system using microinverters. If the price per watt is nearly the same, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using sixteen 375w panels vs twenty 300w panels?
      I believe you are talking the difference between 60 cell and 72 cell panels. They generally are
      both 6 cells wide by either 10 or 12 cells high. I have arranged my equipment in landscape so
      panels are end to end, 6 smaller panels take about the same space as 5 larger panels. The
      60 cell panels are not bad for one person to handle, the 72 cell panels are a bit much. Both
      types are in use here. There are a few disadvantages to micros, but shading might make
      them necessary. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
      X