System production graph comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System production graph comparisons

So to recap, my initial 12.96kW system had a 10kw inverter installed that flatlined at 10kw for around 4 hours per day back in March and April. After much discussion with the installer as to why the 11400 wasn't used for a system of my size they finally switched it out on 4/8. This new inverter is a new model, without the display on the front, and has been a mess. If I had known or even been told this was a new model that didn't have a display and wouldn't have any monoriting until they could get a cellular card I might of just stayed put. But anyway - I want to post a graph of a typical full sunshine day with my 10kW inverter and compare that to a full sunshine day yesterday with the 11.4kW. I know sun angle six weeks later is a bit different (but I thought it got better in the summer months not worse) and I know with the warmer weather now may also affect output.

First picture is the old 10kw inverter on a full sun day

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 4.45.03 PM.png

Originally posted by Alan1296 View Post
    So to recap, my initial 12.96kW system had a 10kw inverter installed that flatlined at 10kw for around 4 hours per day back in March and April. After much discussion with the installer as to why the 11400 wasn't used for a system of my size they finally switched it out on 4/8. This new inverter is a new model, without the display on the front, and has been a mess. If I had known or even been told this was a new model that didn't have a display and wouldn't have any monoriting until they could get a cellular card I might of just stayed put. But anyway - I want to post a graph of a typical full sunshine day with my 10kW inverter and compare that to a full sunshine day yesterday with the 11.4kW. I know sun angle six weeks later is a bit different (but I thought it got better in the summer months not worse) and I know with the warmer weather now may also affect output.

First picture is the old 10kw inverter on a full sun day

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 4.45.03 PM.png
    Now new inverter, from yesterday. Also full sun all day. Just six weeks later. Would be interested in feedback on what I'm seeing. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 7.57.28 AM.png

Comment

Well, it sure looks like you had clipping with the old inverter.
      Now it looks like the inverter is not clipping, but you're either not getting all the output from the array for some reason, or something is amiss with the new inverter.
      The 2d graph looks liike it's from a smaller array on a clear day or a smaller inverter on a clear day.
      Is the graph scaled correctly for the output ?
      Perhaps a problem with the monitoring ?

What does the installer have to say about yesterday's output under daylong cloudless conditions ?

Comment

Now new inverter, from yesterday. Also full sun all day. Just six weeks later. Would be interested in feedback on what I'm seeing. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 7.57.28 AM.png
        Do you have module level monitoring? It looks like some of the pv modules are not connected ...
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
          Well, it sure looks like you had clipping with the old inverter.
          Now it looks like the inverter is not clipping, but you're either not getting all the output from the array for some reason, or something is amiss with the new inverter.
          The 2d graph looks liike it's from a smaller array on a clear day or a smaller inverter on a clear day.
          Is the graph scaled correctly for the output ?
          Perhaps a problem with the monitoring ?

What does the installer have to say about yesterday's output under daylong cloudless conditions ?
          I just sent these graphs to installer this morning. They can monitor the system and tell me all 36 panels are working but have no access to graphs waiting on SolarEdge to send to parts because the new 12yr cellular card they installed earlier this week isn't working. I'm getting my monitoring courtesy of SolarEdge. Its a larger 11400 inverter. I agree it looks like a smaller inverter based on the graphs.

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

Do you have module level monitoring? It looks like some of the pv modules are not connected ...
            I believe the answer to your question is no. My monitoring is coming courtesy of solar edge. Installer hasn't been able to get what I think you refer to as module level monitoring to work yet with the new inverter.

Comment

I believe the answer to your question is no. My monitoring is coming courtesy of solar edge. Installer hasn't been able to get what I think you refer to as module level monitoring to work yet with the new inverter.
              That makes no since. This graph IS solaredge monitoring and the module level information is in the same set. They just need to give you access to it!

Comment

I just sent these graphs to installer this morning. They can monitor the system and tell me all 36 panels are working but have no access to graphs waiting on SolarEdge to send to parts because the new 12yr cellular card they installed earlier this week isn't working. I'm getting my monitoring courtesy of SolarEdge. Its a larger 11400 inverter. I agree it looks like a smaller inverter based on the graphs.
                Again this doesnt make any since. The monitoring IS solaredge and that is the same data set that gets the module level monitoring.

Comment

Again this doesnt make any since. The monitoring IS solaredge and that is the same data set that gets the module level monitoring.
                  I agree, I'm getting pretty frustrated with them. Supposed to be the best in the area, the only company that owned the needed equipment to do a proper ground mount system. This is just what I"m being told. I had NO monitoring from April 8 to May 10th. I opened a help ticket with SolarEdge on May 6th and they flipped on the monitoring to me somehow on May 10th. This week is the first graphs I've seen since the 11400 was installed. I'm told the reason I haven't pulled in the saved data from April 8th to May 10th is because it's a slow connection and once they get the cellular card installed and working I should get all the missing data stored on the inverter. Installer says they can look at the inverter, but not graphs until they get this connection.

Comment

I agree, I'm getting pretty frustrated with them. Supposed to be the best in the area, the only company that owned the needed equipment to do a proper ground mount system. This is just what I"m being told. I had NO monitoring from April 8 to May 10th. I opened a help ticket with SolarEdge on May 6th and they flipped on the monitoring to me somehow on May 10th. This week is the first graphs I've seen since the 11400 was installed. I'm told the reason I haven't pulled in the saved data from April 8th to May 10th is because it's a slow connection and once they get the cellular card installed and working I should get all the missing data stored on the inverter. Installer says they can look at the inverter, but not graphs until they get this connection.
                    If it is pulling data from some other means why would they need a cellular card to get data?
                    Is it connected via ethernet?

Comment

If it is pulling data from some other means why would they need a cellular card to get data?
                      Is it connected via ethernet?
                      I'm not sure how I'm getting data, I just know it appeared after I filed a complaint with Solaredge. I believe the cellular card is for the installer to properly monitor my system also. And no, this is a ground mount system and a pretty good distance from the home. My installer had several reasons that he doesn't do ethernet on a ground mount. Thanks!

Comment

I'm not sure how I'm getting data, I just know it appeared after I filed a complaint with Solaredge. I believe the cellular card is for the installer to properly monitor my system also. And no, this is a ground mount system and a pretty good distance from the home. My installer had several reasons that he doesn't do ethernet on a ground mount. Thanks!
                        The installer uses the exact same data monitoring system, just with access to more tabs to admin it.
                        Installer could have done a lot of different connection methods like wifi bridge, PoE system etc.
                        open another case to get owner access and ask them to turn on high speed on the cellular so you can confirm the pv modules are working

Comment

The installer uses the exact same data monitoring system, just with access to more tabs to admin it.
                          Installer could have done a lot of different connection methods like wifi bridge, PoE system etc.
                          open another case to get owner access and ask them to turn on high speed on the cellular so you can confirm the pv modules are working
                          I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X