Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paoman
    • Dec 2018

Doubt fixed DC link with Power Optimizers

Hello, I have some doubts about the SolarEdge, Tigo and SolarMagic architecture.

1. In all optimizers do I need to keep the DC output link fixed? I know SolarEdge does that already.

2. To have the DC link fixed, do I just need to change something on the inverter part? Or does everyone has fixed DC?

3. Do they all need something to monitor the input and output voltage and current before the MPPT makes a decision?
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by paoman
    Hello, I have some doubts about the SolarEdge, Tigo and SolarMagic architecture.

1. In all optimizers do I need to keep the DC output link fixed? I know SolarEdge does that already.

2. To have the DC link fixed, do I just need to change something on the inverter part? Or does everyone has fixed DC?

3. Do they all need something to monitor the input and output voltage and current before the MPPT makes a decision?
    Solaredge is nothing like the other optimizers.
    With solaredge the. Optimizer does the MPPT, with the others, the inverter does it.
    solaredge does not hold the dc dixed but at optimal voltage for the Inversion to the AC voltage currently present.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• paoman
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by ButchDeal

Solaredge is nothing like the other optimizers.
      With solaredge the. Optimizer does the MPPT, with the others, the inverter does it.
      solaredge does not hold the dc dixed but at optimal voltage for the Inversion to the AC voltage currently present.
      In the case of other optimizers like Solar Magic that had MPPT, do you know how they did to keep the dc/dc converters current in series? Did it work on a fixed DC link?

Well, from what I've seen, it works with any inverter.

Comment

Working...