Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mopar440cu
    • Aug 2018

Help with my Aims Sine Invertor

I have a Aims PICOGLF20W12V120V Sine Wave invertor and the terminal output circuit breaker keeps popping. I have 8 new Trojan T105 plus batteries installed 3 weeks ago, terminals are new and clean, plus the invertor is only 3 months old. I am stumped on where to look for what is causing this and the Aims manual doesnt help. I tried calling the company for help, but getting them to return my phone call is like trying to find hens teeth! LOL Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• Xplode
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2016

I've got the 24V version of that unit, and i don't see a breaker on it marked "terminal output" is this the "inverter output" breaker, or is this something else? a pic might be helpful.

I would suggest disconnecting the wiring from the output side of the unit and disconnect any accessories you have (LCD display, etc) and then try turning it back on. see if it trips still. Also, is it tripping immediately, or does it take 30 seconds? a minute? 10 minutes?

Comment

• mopar440cu
      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Xplode
      I've got the 24V version of that unit, and i don't see a breaker on it marked "terminal output" is this the "inverter output" breaker, or is this something else? a pic might be helpful.

I would suggest disconnecting the wiring from the output side of the unit and disconnect any accessories you have (LCD display, etc) and then try turning it back on. see if it trips still. Also, is it tripping immediately, or does it take 30 seconds? a minute? 10 minutes?
      Well I cant seem to get any pics to upload on this site?? Anyhow its one of the terminal output breakers. One is marked 15 and the other 20. The 20 is the one that pops. on the side of both switches it says "Invertor Output Protect". I placed it on power saver from the LCD monitor screen and it has not popped yet. Fingers crossed!

Here is another question. On the LCD screen it shows that the output load is 000% and never anything else. I would think it should read something correct?

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

• Xplode
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2016

The load depends on what you have connected.
        power saver mode will only fully activate the inverter if you're trying to pull 50 wats or more.

What sort of loads do you have connected?

Comment

• mopar440cu
          • Aug 2018

We just have the refrigerator and lights running off the solar. To be specific the refrains three lights and one ceiling fan.

Comment

• Xplode
            Solar Fanatic
            • Sep 2016

If it's working now and the only thing you changed was running it in power saver mode im really not sure.

Those breakers should be the last thing before the power leaves the unit, so I don't think there is an internal issue.

I'd check through your devices and wiring for any shorts.
            Last edited by Xplode; 10-09-2018, 12:22 AM. Reason: smart phone and vbulletin don't get along

Comment

Working...