Need help with gridtie setup using microinverters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with gridtie setup using microinverters

Trying to start small and expand, here's what I have hardware wise currently:
    4 HQST 100watt 12v 36cell pannels

2 Enphase IQ6plus microinverters

4 sets of roof mounting Z brackets + bolts washer and screws

So my thinking is: I run each pair of pannels in serries to each micro inverter ( delivering 200watts 24v dc to each micro inverter). Then combine the resulting 240v ac from the microinverters into a single line, and run into breakerbox. Is this plan feasible and what sort of cabling/additional parts do I need to do this, if so?

Thanks,

Everything you wrote should work except for the wiring to the breakerbox. That could be illegal in your town without first getting approval from your POCO and AHJ.

What is worse is that without a contract to generate power to the grid you may get charged for every kWh you generate since your meter can't tell the difference between what is coming in or what is going out.

Comment

Are the panels compatible with the microinverter model you're using? Within the specs for voltage and current?

Are you comfortable that your plan for mounting will securely fasten the panels to the roof and won't damage the ability of the roof to stay rainproof?
      Are you comfortable that the up-force from wind on those panels will not cause problems with your roof?
      Are you comfortable that the extra weight from the panels, etc. will be adequately supported by your roof?
      Are you planning to feed back in to an end-fed main panel? Are you going to use the 120% rule?
      What roof setbacks are required in your jurisdiction? Do you meet them?
      Have you gotten your plans approved by the AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction)? by the POCO (power company)?

Comment

Working...
      X