the poor is getting more poor esmart ,mppt controller bad out of box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the poor is getting more poor esmart ,mppt controller bad out of box

the new mppt installed on 500 watt 2 pcs 250 watt panels and it is only pushing 2 amps to battery how ridiculous my old pwm is doing much better

it is jumps from 2 to 0 and back to 2 amps i hooked it to pc to see the setting and i cant see any current limiting isssue inside the seetings

i contacted the main factory to see if they can help ,,,and am waiting for tomorrow to see its charging performance after i cleared and re apply the setting

i belive it is not setttting issue and i think that e stupid controller is bad i am so pooor that i collected its money in one year time

how miserable i am look carfully at the end of the video how it pulls 1 amp and then back to zero looks also for the very strange 40 watt that he is producing this should be 500 watt the sun is buring outside !
    Attached Files

Depends on the State of Charge of the batteries and any additional loads on the Inverter. (I assume you have an inverter too). The Charge Controller may not be bad, it may be that your system is only requiring 2 amps.
    - What state of charge are the batteries in ?
    - How do you know? How are you determining the State of Charge?
    - What inverter are you using?
    - What are you daily Watt Hour requirements?
    - What are your loads in excess of charging that are being demanded from the system When the "sun is burning outside"?
    - What is the voltage and Amp Hour of your battery bank?
    - What are your current settings in the Charge Controller?
    285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

Did you wire the panels in series?

Comment

Originally posted by sdold View Post
        Did you wire the panels in series?
        no parallel

Comment

Originally posted by Matrix View Post
          Depends on the State of Charge of the batteries and any additional loads on the Inverter. (I assume you have an inverter too). The Charge Controller may not be bad, it may be that your system is only requiring 2 amps.
          - What state of charge are the batteries in ?
          - How do you know? How are you determining the State of Charge?
          - What inverter are you using?
          - What are you daily Watt Hour requirements?
          - What are your loads in excess of charging that are being demanded from the system When the "sun is burning outside"?
          - What is the voltage and Amp Hour of your battery bank?
          - What are your current settings in the Charge Controller?

i turned on heavy loads when the sun is burning outside and stilll this stupid controller is gifting me this trivial 50 watt so i assumed that i was lost

the batteries are fully charged but i assume when loads are heavy enough the controller should leave the flaot and go on to bulk in which it should put in its fullll current

Comment

i wrote letter for factory and was able to chat with one worker he recommended serious panel so i make them serious and observe the voltage now is 68voc

which is promising i immediately get 100 watt early morning and now the 12 pm it is 250 watt so strange... 2 panels again even with mppt are not much of

power at least now i am sure controller is ok but being a pwm controller user i dont know what was going on with my system as th previous controller

dont have much of readings or pc i interface to show you what is yor production

but for this esmart 3 show alot

and seemingly one panel is dragging down a bit the current of the string

should that panel produce its promise current i should get to the point where i reach 400 watt production giving 100 watt for loses

the panles are not same manufcature one is 256 other is 250 watt and the currents and voltage are some what different for both panels but both are 24vdc nominal voltage

the new 265wattt have voc around 38 the other have 33 voc or so

12 pm now still 250 watt production see image please

so the bottom line here is that controller is ok but my system have a weakness some where as its not producing the promised in

country of greatest sun one should expect more

ii am in libya country of sun
            Attached Files
            Last edited by gendil; 09-20-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Since the voltage different on both panel and they are in parallel therefore the 38V on 265W panel can only go up to 33V (max voltage of smaller panel) ==> the wattage on 265W will be lower.

Let assumed the max current is at 7A for 265W (7A x 38V = 265W) then maximum wattage you can get out of it (when connect with 250W panel) is: 7A x 33V = 231W

By looking at your screenshot, your battery is already at 100% charged therefore CC can only input small wattage to keep it float.

To test, drain the battery down to 24V then you will see your MPPT works by provide max current to the battery (450W or less, don't expect 450 as it's ideal condition. you should get about 300W-350W or may be 400W))

Comment

What happens when a glass is full of water and you try to put more water in the glass?

Your second error is wiring. You bought a MPPT Controller, and then refuse to take advantage of it by wiring your panels in parallel? Why would you do that?
                MSEE, PE

Comment

ok so now it is confirmed that i have a weak panel

what do you recommend add one more and creat one series of 35+35+33 voc or remove and replace?

i think as long as it is working i should leave it

i w illll do this change and then back to you with resuls by the way

my system go peak at 270 watt and then no more than that so one panel is weak for sure and my system should pull at least 400 or 350 it is mppt

there should be not big loses such as that

Comment

Working...
                  X