X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maxjard
    • Sep 2018

Production of a 3kw installation

Hello,

I have just installed 10 300w power panels each well exposed south with 10 micro inverter.

I have a home automation fhe, so I can control the production of my panels.

I would like to understand., my 10 rings produce in theory 3000w, however, for the moment I have never produced more than 2200w between 12 / 13h around.

the rest of the time, of course, oscillates.

but is it normal that in a cloudless time, I do not produce the 3000w that the panels are supposed to produce or in any case approached me.

thank you for enlightening me on the subject.

• ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

your PV modules are 300w STC (Standard Test Conditions) and your PV Array is 3kW also STC.
    You installed them though in a real world not STC. They will rarely produce their STC rating. They might approach it or possibly pass that rating on cold, windy, clear days though.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Adding to what Butch writes, and another way to look at it is to think of the 3 kW rating or "size" of your system as a max. output similar to the way an internal combustion engine (an "ICE") is rated for power. A 200 HP ICE will rarely if ever produce 200 HP in day/day operation. Somewhat loosely, consider the 3 kW output as the max. you can probably expect from your system under near ideal conditions of weather and solar incidence angle. The output will, for most any actual set of operating conditions, be less.

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

The OP also mentioned micro inverters. They may be rated below 300watts which would reduce the final production amount.

Comment

Working...