Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actual Solar production << PVWatts calculation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual Solar production << PVWatts calculation??

I have run a PVWatts calculation for my system, entering all of the specs and choosing weather data by double clicking on the map to get the proper rectangle see attached. PVWatts calculates a production of 11,195w but on my electric bills for the past 12 months, I only totaled 4,182w in production?? I know that my inverter was misbehaving and clipping at 5 kw instead of 6 kw until today but that would not explain such a huge difference. It was probably only clipping for 2-3 months at the most. Any idea why such a huge difference? Since I just got online about 1 wk ago, I don't have independent historical production data but my daily productions on PVoutput.org and SE Monitoring site the past week have been at or below my average daily production for this month last year.
    pvwatt calc 322 NW 7.54kW 20 Pitch KM_Redacted.pdf
    180608 Helco_Redacted.pdf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steeler.Fan; 07-02-2018, 08:54 PM.

Your POCO bill only shows net production not gross production. In other words all production you consumed on site is not reported on your POCO bill.

Comment

The POCO bill shows Net, Delivered & Received. I thought that Received was the solar contribution. Is it the exported energy instead?

Comment

FWIW my smartmeter records energy exported by me to the POCO as "Received" and energy supplied by the POCO to me as "Delivered."
        Net = delivered - received

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler.Fan View Post
          The POCO bill shows Net, Delivered & Received. I thought that Received was the solar contribution. Is it the exported energy instead?
          Your PoCo bill doesn't show your self consumed electricity.

Here's a snapshot of mine, with a Consumption meter included so you can see most of the details

System:
          Production:
          53.04kWh
          - 17.84kWh self consumped
          - 35.2kWhr Exported to grid

Consumption:
          34.53kWh
          - 17.84kWhr Self-Consumed
          - 16.69kWhr Imported

From Billing
          Net = -18kWh (My numbers show 16.69-35.20 = -18.51kWh - If I add it up by the hourly on PG&E it has 35.1 Delivered to the Grid and 16.7 Delivered to the home giving 18.4kWh NOTE: PG&E rounds to the nearest kWh when displaying the daily total, but they keep all the details when looking at hourly)

So from the billing doesn't represent your System production, because it doesn't include your self consumption, it only has what you Exported to them, and what they delivered to you.
          Solar_20180702.JPG
          Last edited by TAZ427; 07-03-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler.Fan View Post
            it is only the exported portion. The power company has no idea what you generated
            OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Working...
            X