Battery backup system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery backup system

I have an older battery backup solar system that I no longer use. The inverter is made by trace engineering and the panels are Siemens. I am looking for information or leads as to if they are worth anything and where I could post them for sale. I appreciate any help.thank you.

Model numbers?
    Where are you located?
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Trace inverter switches 5548
      16 siemans 75 watt panels and ground post mounts
      8 - 6 volt batteries
      disconnects and cooling components.
      I am located in new york.

Comment

You could look around on eBay for the Trace inverter. They are usually selling for between $1000.00 and $1500.00 in working condition.
        I know the panels well and at this time have over 200 of them. They are popular in the RV, boating world for being 12 volt and small. At this time I am getting $40.00 a piece for them.
        Used batteries are tricky unless you can show they are relatively new and haven't been abused. If they aren't sitting on a float charge and holding full charge when sitting disconnected I wouldn't offer much over scrap prices for them. That's a big difference from the new cost of them, especially quality L-16 batteries you haven't mentioned which batteries you have.
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel1448 View Post
          Trace inverter switches 5548
          16 siemans 75 watt panels and ground post mounts
          8 - 6 volt batteries
          disconnects and cooling components.
          I am located in new york.
          The batteries - return them for core charge if applicable. That's generally all they are good for if they've been inactive for a while.
          Panels - might be able to get some $$ for them. Not much, since newer panels are hitting about 50 cents a watt right now.
          SW5548 - that's still in demand in a lot of places; they are well built and rugged. Try Craigslist for a local seller so you don't have to ship (those things are very heavy.)

Comment

Working...
          X