X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kolbep
    • May 2018

Sunny Island and Sic-50 Charger - How does it function

Hi All,
    Somebody has asked me to give a go at sorting out there Solar Installation. They have had 3 people work on it, but they all gave up / moved away / couldn't figure it out.

They have 6 Solar Panels, Sunny Island SIC-50 Charger, SI-2224 Inverter, Sunny Remote, Battery Temperature sensor and 4 x 12v Batteries (In Series/Parallel to make 24V)

There is some crud on the Inverter Board that I will be cleaning off, and their battery Temperature settings are set to a Maximum Temp of below 20 degrees, which is below ambient (and the default setting is 40 degrees).

So I am planning on doing a Factory reset on the Inverter, and going with the default settings.

I am although a bit lost on the operation of the Inverter/Charger combination as a whole.
    The default Option is I believe PVOnly, with another option for Line / Generator. This is where I am lost.

The Inverter itself is connected to the Supply, and it has it's specific loads on the Inverter itself.
    Does this mean that during the day, the Solar charges the batteries (and supplies the load using the excess), and then at night the batteries drain supplying the load.
    And what happens if the batteries go flat during the evening, does the Inverter bypass to supply direct from the Mains / Line.?,

I am used to the Solaredge systems, as well as other solar systems, but because I am walking into the Sunny Island a bit blind, I would like to be a bit more clued up before I return.

Thanks
Working...