System advise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System advise?

I'm looking for product advise. I'm a licensed electrician looking to do my first install on my own home. I'm looking at 15 to 17k in panels. So far I'm thinking Solar edge inverters and maybe LG panels. What racking? PV quick mount looks nice. There are too many options....

Howdy electricblue, firstly as you are an electrician I will skip the whole electricity is dangerous routine. I just deleted a couple of links that were put up by a relatively new member, as right now I dont have time to vet them to see if they are worth posting here or not. Any how the first thing you need to do is check the rules and regulations in your city or county, I am not in the USA but I know things vary a bit over there as they do here.

Once we know where you are and also some info as to what type of roof or will it be a ground mount? that might help the regulars to chime in, cheers.

Comment

Hi there Pete. I am in Tampa,FL. I just saw the POCO application wants a 1,000,000.00 GL policy for systems over 10K. So, I now have to see what that costs. I will call my city muni in the am to see their needs. I have a asphalt shingle facing west. I burned 28,200 kwh last year. I see I can shave about 5,773 with a new WH and pool pump.

Comment

Originally posted by electricblue View Post
        Hi there Pete. I am in Tampa,FL. I just saw the POCO application wants a 1,000,000.00 GL policy for systems over 10K. So, I now have to see what that costs. I will call my city muni in the am to see their needs. I have a asphalt shingle facing west. I burned 28,200 kwh last year. I see I can shave about 5,773 with a new WH and pool pump.
        Any load reduction will likely be more cost effective than offsetting that reduction with PV. @ 28,200 kWh/yr., you're a serious candidate for an energy audit.

Comment

Working...
        X