Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know what type of roof racking this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know what type of roof racking this is?

I need to do a repair on this system, but cannot figure out what brand/type of mounting rack they have....ideas? I'll do a follow up post with a closer up pic of the top clamps.
    Attached Files

My advice, don't work on it until complete darkness. Opening an operating DC circuit could produce
    an arc that will destroy the connectors, and the voltages on a series string system are quite dangerous.

Here the disconnects get opened and I break a string in 2 or 3 places plus its fuse, plugging the open
    MC4s with some dummy sealed mates. Then I could work on it in the day, usually use lights instead.
    good luck, Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by mattrecov View Post
      I need to do a repair on this system, but cannot figure out what brand/type of mounting rack they have
      I would take a picture of the rail's profile to help people identify it.

You may be able to look up a building permit for the system, and that may have the info.

Comment

Looks like possibly Iron Ridge rails with some non-IronRidge lame bolts and way too small washer as a clamp. Hopefully, there is a copper wire bonding all the panels to ground...
        The cable is an Enphase trunk cable that has AC power flowing not DC.
        BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

That's an old SolarWorld racking system.
          http://hubbellcdn.com/ohwassets/HCE/...000091-001.pdf

Do you need replacement parts for anything? I don't think they make it anymore.

Comment

Thanks Emartin! As soon as I read your post and reviewed your link, I remembered installing those racks for a bit back in 2012.

Comment

Working...
            X