Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slowhemi View Post
    Thanks Mike! So one of these should work just find on this small system ?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/iMeshbean...&wl13=&veh=sem
    I think not. Either walmart has mis-labeled a automotive inverter, or they are selling gray market gear in the US, That style of inverter is not legal (no UL cert) to connect to grid in USA, It may for a while, it may start a fire, but I cannot endorse it. sorry.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Ok thanks for all your help guys. I think this is to much of a pain in the butt and I think I am just going to sale these. I have a total of 6 of these panels that I got for free. I have a small house with no air conditioner. So my bill is not that high to start with. Just thought it might be nice to cut my bill. So I think I will leave all this solar stuff up to you pros.

Comment

Ok thanks for all your help guys. I think this is to much of a pain in the butt and I think I am just going to sale these. I have a total of 6 of these panels that I got for free. I have a small house with no air conditioner. So my bill is not that high to start with. Just thought it might be nice to cut my bill. So I think I will leave all this solar stuff up to you pros.
        R.E. is nice to have as a hobby. Making it as safe, reliable and cost effective as the grid all at the same time is a bit more involved.

Comment

I have to many other hobbies right now that are taking 80% of my extra funds.

Comment

I have to many other hobbies right now that are taking 80% of my extra funds.
            Understood. C U @ the track.

Comment

Off-grid Battery Systems don't require a permit do they?

Comment

Originally posted by James1079 View Post
                Off-grid Battery Systems don't require a permit do they?
                Depends on where you live.

Usually as long as you keep it isolated from your house electric panel or house wiring, which is grid connected, I would say no.

Although if your home is totally off grid, then you still may need to meet your insurance policy requirements which may require a permit or inspection.

Last of all even if you don't need a permit, that does not mean you should build something that is not electrically safe.

Comment

I also need help figuring out why my battery bank it getting drained so quickly.

Here is my setup

-100 watt solar panel
                  -30 amp charge controller
                  -10awg cable connects the charge controller to

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Thomas View Post
                    I also need help figuring out why my battery bank it getting drained so quickly.

Here is my setup

-100 watt solar panel
                    -30 amp charge controller
                    -10awg cable connects the charge controller to
                    Hello Lisa and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

That 100 watt panel has an Imp rating maybe around 5.5 amps. Which can support a battery rated around 50Ah.

Another thing to watch out for is the voltage drop between your panels and charge controller. If they are too long you will not get the proper DC voltage to charge a 12volt battery.

What is your battery size and how long are the #10 awg cables

Comment

Just additional note, inverters are not expensive if your local utility requires only UL 1741 (not SA). For example, Enphase m190 can be found on Ebay for $45 shipped. These are UL 1741 certified and also do not require special cables (except for one connector for 240V AC). If you have only 4 panels, then these cheap micro inverters are the way to go

Comment

The more reliable M215s are only around $55 on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                        X