Plz Help! My Installer remotely hi-jacked my system since it's banned in my city!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nrgized
    • Oct 2017

Plz Help! My Installer remotely hi-jacked my system since it's banned in my city!

So here is the deal..

I hired a contractor to build to code a couple years back...

The city is over-regulating solar array's to match the "shape and slope" of the roof - hence they require triangular solar modules or faux pieces to comply for appearance curb-appeal.

Well, I have a hip roof and you cannot get these since Sharp stopped making them in 2009...so my lag bolts and rails are extended....(the city wants faux corner PV triangles to comply with outdated code).

https://www.quora.com/Where-can-I-ge...-solar-modules

https://www.quora.com/How-much-harde...to-rectangular

Now my system is a 28 Canadian Solar PV system with M215 micro-inverters and a envoy gateway..

The installer who left the project sent in a change of ownership form to take over admin priveleges and then remotely shut off the micro-inverters...

My question is to remove the envoy and the micro-inverters should power and work the next day since they will lose communications... and self-regulate...

*Maintaining a production disabled status requires sustained communications between the Envoy and the microinverters. If a microinverter loses communication with the Envoy it will begin to produce power the next day. (is this true)????

Also the system produces solarcoin and is interconnected for net metering...

Now - it should only work for bi-directional energy production until I can get my enlighten account recovered...???

This solar thing has been a nightmare for me....

Attached Files
    Last edited by nrgized; 01-09-2018, 10:20 PM.
    7.4 kW Grid-Tied
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

Just a llittle correction. You have your system listed as a 7.4kwh grid tie.
    pv systems are rated in kW not kWh so you have a 7.4kW grid tie.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• nrgized
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by ButchDeal
      Just a llittle correction. You have your system listed as a 7.4kwh grid tie.
      pv systems are rated in kW not kWh so you have a 7.4kW grid tie.
      Thank you.. I was typing that and thinking of the previous car with the 24kwh battery....so glad the times have changed...but my city still bans solar by over-regulation and out-dated ordinance...

I even paid a $1750 CUP conditional use fee and now I am illegal unless I make up faux triangular solar pieces...

Also, I had a dispute with an installer over this - the judge sided with me -- appealed - then the jury sided with the installer - then the city still blames me...

This is a mess...

Just wait for self-driving car regulations.... this is the 4th industrial revolution and local government needs to get with it in my area.... the state passed net metering in 1983.....I since have finished the system hookup but the abandoned installer is trying to hi-jack the micro-inverters through remote-shut off...so if I remove the envoy the system will self-power and the production meter should spin until I get this squared away.. I own the equipment. I finished the install. I worked with the city for temp approval... I am still stuck with this and sale-proofed and considered illegal by code unless faux corners are installed..

(end of rant)
      7.4 kW Grid-Tied

Comment

Working...