Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same systems produce different mount of energy

Hi all,
    Me and my father installed the same system (6kW) in our mutual garden last week. Although, the both system have exactly the same components (panels, inverters, cables) my father's produces 0.8kW more than mine when the production exceeds roughly 3kWh. I asked the company why is that so, they are still being investigating the reason. Does any of you have any idea about the reason?

Thanks in advance.
    Yenal Ogmen
    Cyprus

when the production exceeds roughly 3kWh

I don't know what you system is and I can't be sure they are exactly the same. My thought, it is common to put individual grid tie inverters on each panel and to use for example a 215W grid tie inverter on a 280W panel when higher power GTI are available. The reasoning is those peak power outputs only occur for a short time period each day and in some areas often have lower average light levels. It is an economic decision to save cost. Your systems may not have the same equipment and the installer is the best one to answer this.

Comment

Try to isolate the differences. Is the difference in the panels or the inverters? Use a DC ammeter to check the DC inputs to inverters. If DC inputs are the same then it is the inverters.

Comment

Any chance of getting graphical output of the systems for a clear day ? I'm thinking either shading and/or differential albedo.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS26 View Post
          Try to isolate the differences. Is the difference in the panels or the inverters? Use a DC ammeter to check the DC inputs to inverters. If DC inputs are the same then it is the inverters.
          Make that a DC Clamp On Meter, otherwise hooking it up is pretty challenging. A required
          tool here. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
          X