Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • graeckm
    • Mar 2015

Looking DC Disconnect Recommendation for Solaredge System

Does anyone know of a 2 pole (2 strings) disconnect for an ungrounded system that would disconnect both legs of each string?

I have a new system that I am getting ready to put in. 2 strings of 15- 335 watt panels top of pole mounted 200 feet from inverter. Solaredge optimizers and inverter. Both strings (#6 wire) will run separately back to the inverter in a common buried conduit. I am running from pole 2 to pole 1 where I am locating the DC disconnect prior to running to the house and inverter. So I have 350 volts nominal (500 volts max) and 14.36 amp (15 amp max) per string. When I check what was called out for a disconnect it has a 2 pole 240 volt disconnect. I would think I would want a pole disconnect for an ungrounded 600 volt system that disconnects both legs of each string or a 4 pole 600 volt disconnect that would do the same thing. I guess I can get by with a 2 pole 600 volt disconnect and splice the negatives together, but thought someone might know of better solution. I know that the DC disconnect on the inverter does all 4 leads. What do others use for a Solaredge system?

Working...