Renvu dot com???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syberdog
    • Sep 2017

I had the same problem... it started a few days ago. I run Firrefox with Ghostery and NoScript blocking ads. I had to go into Ghostery and allow the " Doubleclick ad exchange buyer", "Google Dynamic Remarketing" and "Google Ad Words Userlists" network scripts to run (and it came back fine. Seems like the ad boys have found a way to disable the page from loading if we block their ads. I reported it to my account manager.
    Last edited by Syberdog; 10-04-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Murby
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2017

If they don't fix it fast, I'm going to have to start shopping somewhere else. I've spent close to $14,000 with them over the past few months.. They're about to lose a customer because of their messed up website.

Anyone have any suggestions on a reputable solar equipment dealer with prices like Renvu?

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Murby
        Anyone have any suggestions on a reputable solar equipment dealer with prices like Renvu?
        Tandem Solar was less expensive than Renvu for my system.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• thejumpingsheep
          • Jun 2016

Someone already mentioned it above. Disable your ad blockers. I had the same problem, needed to add exceptions to ad blockers to make site work.

Comment

• Murby
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by thejumpingsheep
            Someone already mentioned it above. Disable your ad blockers. I had the same problem, needed to add exceptions to ad blockers to make site work.
            I'm a bit of a computer geek.. its one of the top four or five things I tried first.
            I updated my firefox, cleared cache and cookies, disabled add-ons. nothing works. My wife tried it from her computer at work (different computer, different ISP, different operating system) and got the same results.

I just received an Outback Radian GS8048a, Flexmax 80 charge controller and a Mate3 from them yesterday.. (Spent another $5K with Renvu).. and now I'm thinking of purchasing another pallet of panels.. but not if I can't get on their website to shop around..

I fired off an email to Ian over there and never got a reply. Funny thing is I also told him I was having "some" issues with the menu's a couple weeks ago on the phone.. we figured out a work-around but the original issue was never fixed.

Now I can't even get on the website. I think they're going to lose a lot of business. I've been recommending them to everyone I talk to but not sure how I can continue that with a website that doesn't work correctly.

Comment

• thejumpingsheep
              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Murby

I'm a bit of a computer geek.. its one of the top four or five things I tried first.
              I updated my firefox, cleared cache and cookies, disabled add-ons. nothing works. My wife tried it from her computer at work (different computer, different ISP, different operating system) and got the same results.

I just received an Outback Radian GS8048a, Flexmax 80 charge controller and a Mate3 from them yesterday.. (Spent another $5K with Renvu).. and now I'm thinking of purchasing another pallet of panels.. but not if I can't get on their website to shop around..

I fired off an email to Ian over there and never got a reply. Funny thing is I also told him I was having "some" issues with the menu's a couple weeks ago on the phone.. we figured out a work-around but the original issue was never fixed.

Now I can't even get on the website. I think they're going to lose a lot of business. I've been recommending them to everyone I talk to but not sure how I can continue that with a website that doesn't work correctly.
              Shouldnt have anything to do with site history. Basically what is happening is some scripts are not running and their site requires said scripts to load properly. Why renvu decided to design a site this way is beyond me. I am a programmer with some web experience and even I know that making a layout depend on anything but html/css is a very bad idea. At the very least, everything should be server side.

Anyway, I just installed firefox and its working fine for me without any ad blocked installed. I can tell you that it works fine in Chrome once I unblocked the site by domain name. It never worked correctly on my phone but that looks like a css problem (probably works fine if I switch to desktop mode). I agree this is very bad for business. They need to fire their web design contractors. These are amateur hour mistakes.

Comment

Working...