Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shouldaknown
    • Sep 2017

How to connect 9 panels to a Solar combiner box

I am installing 9 250 watt panels at 24 volts each to a solar Combiner box with three circuit Breakers mounted in it. I believe I need to connect three sets of three to the combiner box but am not sure if I should connect each group in parallel or series. I will be connecting the output from the combiner box to a 60 amp Commander controller which is connected to a 48 volt battery bank. Any advice on the interconnections for the set of three panels would be appreciated!
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Shouldaknown
    I am installing 9 250 watt panels at 24 volts each to a solar Combiner box with three circuit Breakers mounted in it. I believe I need to connect three sets of three to the combiner box but am not sure if I should connect each group in parallel or series. I will be connecting the output from the combiner box to a 60 amp Commander controller which is connected to a 48 volt battery bank. Any advice on the interconnections for the set of three panels would be appreciated!
    The combiner box does the parallel connections. The modules will be in series. Three sets of three modules connected in series, then in parallel at the combiner.

OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Shouldaknown
      • Sep 2017

Thank you Butch, that was what I needed to know!

Comment

Working...