Tesla = suspicious or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla = suspicious or what?

The Tesla Powerwall has been out for a few years now and the 2nd generation Powerwall 2 came out in early 2017...

And yet, when I look for individual accounts of personal experiences with these products, they are almost non-existent.. Youtube is filled with what basically amounts to advertisements, opinions and reviews created by people who don't even own the product.

To date, I think I've found three actual accounts of personal experience... (searched youtube and facebook as well as solar forums) and at least one of them almost seems likes its staged or something..

Tesla has a 4 to 5 month wait time to get a Powerwall.. that means they must be as busy as a gas station giving out free gas.. and yet, where are all the people bragging about their new toy??

Is it just me or does something not smell right?

There's a couple different factors.
    1: they have produced very few of these. Typical Tesla style, hype it up long before you actually can sell them. Then they build a few, and realize they can do better.
    2: It's just a battery, so you really have no idea when or what it's doing. Most people who have them, probably forget about them
    3: The majority of reviews from non-superfans, are only posted when there's a problem. No complaints leads me to believe that there hasn't been any problems.

Or Tesla is making people sign an NDA for these early Beta versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Murby View Post
      The Tesla Powerwall has been out for a few years now and the 2nd generation Powerwall 2 came out in early 2017...

And yet, when I look for individual accounts of personal experiences with these products, they are almost non-existent.. Youtube is filled with what basically amounts to advertisements, opinions and reviews created by people who don't even own the product.

To date, I think I've found three actual accounts of personal experience... (searched youtube and facebook as well as solar forums) and at least one of them almost seems likes its staged or something..

Tesla has a 4 to 5 month wait time to get a Powerwall.. that means they must be as busy as a gas station giving out free gas.. and yet, where are all the people bragging about their new toy??

Is it just me or does something not smell right?
      The Powerwall has not been available to most of the USA general public yet. It has been installed by a POCO in New England as part of a US test. It also is starting to show up in CA and HI. But due to the limited installations and the many changes that Tesla has gone through with that "home battery system" I would say you won't find a lot of good information on it's ability to do the job it has been advertised to do.

Comment

The 4 to 5 month wait isn't because of orders. It's a number Tesla promotes while they continue development of the powerwall.

Comment

I wonder how they are going with building the biggest battery in the world in South Oz, apparently he said they can build it in 100 days or its free

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
            I wonder how they are going with building the biggest battery in the world in South Oz, apparently he said they can build it in 100 days or its free
            has countdown already started or it's from some arbitrary future date?

Comment

Originally posted by max2k View Post

has countdown already started or it's from some arbitrary future date?
              Starts the day the contract is signed but that day hasn't come yet as far as I know.

Dave W. Gilbert AZ
              6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Working...
              X