solar edge 3800 watt inverter with 14 lg 335 panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solar edge 3800 watt inverter with 14 lg 335 panels

Hi Im pricing solar for my home. Is using a solar edge 3800 watt inverter with 14 LG 335 watt panels enough inverter? Should I be concerned about clipping? Does this setup look to match a 7485 yearly kilowatt production estimate?

I appreciate any input, opinions, and help. I realize there is not much of a cost difference in upgrading to a 5000 watt inverter. Currently researching to see if I will need to purchase an RMA for the larger inverter.

You'll have to tell us where you are located and at what orientation the panels are at, but here in San Diego, with a south facing system, you'd probably see a little bit of clipping in spring and maybe fall, but still outproduce that 7485 kWh estimate. Check out PVwatts for more estimates, I'd probably use 8% loss, premium panels for those. Under advanced settings, you can play with the DC-AC ratio to understand clipping.. your ratio is 1.23, minimum clipping would be at a ratio of 1.0.

If you have a 100 A service panel and no other reason to mess with it, sticking with the 3800 W inverter is probably a good call.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Working...
    X