Weathercam to monitor ground mount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weathercam to monitor ground mount.

I finally got my Ubiquiti G3 camera installed correctly instead of just sitting on a box. It allows me to view one of the four mounts and I setup an upload into Weather Underground. Took them a few days get it approved. The main reason will be able to see snow coverage in the winter without having to hoof it down there. At home I have a server that is also recording it 24/7, currently using the free Ubiquiti software - not bad but lacks features . Currently looking at adding more cameras around the house and upgrading to Blue Iris.

https://www.wunderground.com/webcams...42/1/show.html

Originally posted by tyab View Post
    I finally got my Ubiquiti G3 camera installed correctly instead of just sitting on a box. It allows me to view one of the four mounts and I setup an upload into Weather Underground. Took them a few days get it approved. The main reason will be able to see snow coverage in the winter without having to hoof it down there. At home I have a server that is also recording it 24/7, currently using the free Ubiquiti software - not bad but lacks features . Currently looking at adding more cameras around the house and upgrading to Blue Iris.
    Very nice. I have thought about that, both for snow and security, with a radio link back. Probably a couple
    Yagi radio links at 2GHZ would do it. But I did just get a fence across the south border, the deer are not
    so interested in the area now. May extend an electric fence down the west border; it protected my crop
    of sun flowers this year.

For basic security, motion detector lights are great. Convenient, can trigger cameras, negligible power
    use. My buildings have been surrounded by them for decades, can tell stories. Bruce Roe
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice and nice 80 panel micro array. Do you get more than a couple inches per year up there? I am just down the hill from you in "the city".

Comment

Cebury - your a valley guy! I was partly down there in YLP today helping on an Eagle project - not enjoying that 105F heat. Heck its 99F here at the house today. I sure don't feel guilty about running the air conditioning anymore.

6" to a foot of snow at a time is the usual - 4-6 times a year. Sometimes a lot more - couple of feet but not often. Usually just enough to turn the driveway into a nice sled run and for the local schools to move to modified hours. When snow is expected we park at the top of our driveway to ensure we can get out - too many times you get that slick ice layer under a couple of inches of snow and then 4wd does not get you up the 14% grade driveway unless you chain up. Both Oakhurst and Coarsegold are quit a bit lower than us and often we will have 6" and they have none.
        Road 420 is our entrance/exit and has a steep section and when we get snow either we wait for plows or gamble on getting down without sliding out. I got stuck once trying to come back up (4WD but no chains) so now I don't risk it and just chain up all four tires until they plow.

5 years ago we had that huge snow storm that knocked out power for a week. Went through a lot of gas for the generator.

Comment

Working...
        X